fluid coming from the rear diff? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > fluid coming from the rear diff?

Advance Adapters SYE KitsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 07-20-2009, 05:03 AM   #1
Mudzilla6661
Web Wheeler

2010 JK Wrangler 

fluid coming from the rear diff?

My rear diff seems a little wet is this the diff leaking or something else? Would it just be a leaking gasket? If so how hard is it to replace and what kind of gear oil would you use in it?

Mudzilla6661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2009, 06:08 AM   #2
Turbonut

Is it leaking at the driveshaft side-pinion seal, leaking at the cover side, bad gasket or RTV seal.
80W-90 unless you tow or want to spend the money for synthetic 75W-140.
Turbonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2009, 09:49 AM   #3
Mudzilla6661
Web Wheeler

2010 JK Wrangler 

I'm not sure where it is leaking from. It looks wet on the cover side or underneath I believe. I will double check today.
Mudzilla6661 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.