flowmaster 40 series or 50 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > flowmaster 40 series or 50

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 12-25-2002, 01:20 PM   #1
klaybon

flowmaster 40 series or 50

i just bought a 95 gc. i'm looking to get a 40 series delta flow muffler. i just want to know how loud it is on the inside of truck. i want the powerful flowmaster sound on the outside but if i can't hear the stereo without it being cranked it's not worth it.

klaybon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2002, 02:28 PM   #2
Devious
Hobo

2008 JK Wrangler 

It's not too loud at all, unless you remove the cat.
Unread 01-06-2003, 10:47 AM   #3
KeNTeChNiCaL

I use flowmaster 50 series and removed the cats.
Its not loud at idle but sounds off when into the trottle.
Unread 01-06-2003, 04:43 PM   #4
ddoffroad
1999 XJ Cherokee 

you can check the specs on all flowmaster mufflers at www.flowmastermufflers.com. 40 series Original has best exterior sound...

Down & Dirty Offroad: http://ddoffroad.com/
My XJ site: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2488225/
My Old XJ Site: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058746
ddoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2003, 07:38 PM   #5
brad335

Try a Dynomax

Try a dynomax, they fit factory without the extra hassle. Although I like Flowmaster much better than the dynomax, im happy with my muffler
Unread 01-07-2003, 02:25 AM   #6
Need4Boost

I have a 40 series and like it. It sounds really good at WOT and has a great idle.
[b]Green Jeep Club Member #13[/b]
Need4Boost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2003, 10:54 PM   #7
GreenJeeper

Another Opinion

I had a single 2.25" Flowmaster 40 series Deltaflow and I thought it was awesome. Great sound outside. inside you can definitely hear it, but in a good way. its not loud enough to be an annoyance and with the stereo barely on, its almost inaudible at low rpms (with the windows up). Obviously at Wide Open, the thing blares. I currently have 2 40 series deltaflow mufflers and its definitely a good bit louder both inside and out. It can be intrusive at times but thats the price you pay for setting off every other car alarm. =)
GreenJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2003, 11:51 PM   #8
KeNTeChNiCaL

Boy, do I love setting off those alarms!

Once i get a pic i'll show you all how I have it hooked up
Unread 01-08-2003, 12:02 AM   #9
GreenJeeper

No cats?!?

no cat?!?! have u ever gotten pulled over? Ive thought about going to 2 cats but not really no cats. I would think it was too loud. Do you like it, any way to describe it? Any fuel saving advantages or loses? please tell more
Unread 01-08-2003, 01:16 AM   #10
KeNTeChNiCaL

We don't have to do the smog test in Michigan anymore so off it went. 3 years now.

Fuel = no gain or defiecency. Or at least I haven't noticed

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.