Flickering check engine light. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Flickering check engine light.

SALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-LoFord Explorer 8.8 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Kit C Clip ElimStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 08-23-2013, 06:17 AM   #1
89arkansasxj
1995 ZJ 

Flickering check engine light.

I'm normally pretty good at mechanical work, but this one has me stumped. The check engine light flickers on my 95 Zj 4.0. At idle it will stay on solid, sometimes it is not on at all. Giving it gas it goes away, steady on the gas at speed and it flickers, no rhythm to it at all, just random very fast flickering. Any touch to the throttle and it goes off unless you are maintaining the same spot. Engine runs fine, no other electrical problems and it does not do this all the time. 99% of the time, but not always. Has new plugs, wires, rotor, cap, coil, and PCM replaced last year. Tried to get a video but could not get it to do the flicker stuff this morning. This is what I did get. No codes doing the key trick either. Only thing I can think of is crank sensor or TPS. No other electrical issues at all, no lights or guage problems. click the pic for the vid.

[IMG][/IMG]

89arkansasxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 10:58 AM   #2
89arkansasxj
1995 ZJ 

Anyone?
89arkansasxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 11:22 AM   #3
jeep-pr
1995 ZJ 

i have the same problem, try a hit the dash a little around the streering colum. that usually stops it on mine. after a few days it comes back. as long as i hear it and sounds the same i let it be.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.