Flat-towing my niner - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Flat-towing my niner

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 10-15-2013, 08:22 AM   #1
mckellyb
1998 ZJ 

Flat-towing my niner

I bought the niner for its overall bad-assedness, off-road capability, and because it can be flat-towed behind our 40' motorcoach.

The wiring which is on there I can see has had it.

However...I was thinking, can I connect the coach's output on its hitch to the niner's hitch output, and have it feed the niner's lights that way?

I see the 7-pin on the niner has a combiner for S/T/T lamps, and while I'd like to keep the amber turn indicators...the motorcoach has them, too...it can wait.

If this won't work, it looks like I'll be doing wiring in the garage, tonight.

Found a white '98 5.9L to be the dedicated 'toad' (towed car), 163K miles, bone stock - '99 Fleetwood Bounder diesel 39Z, our diesel apartment - others: '05 Cadillac STS, N*, my DD, 121K miles w/a new trans @ 114K...thanks, GM; '02 Lexus RX300, every option but a trailer hitch, wife's ride but on OEM size BFG A/Ts
mckellyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.