flashing dash lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > flashing dash lights

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteinjager TJ tube doorsAttention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONS

Unread 01-07-2004, 05:30 PM   #1
96grandcherokee

flashing dash lights

hey all,
im a newbie here and i have searched, but i cannot find anything on the problem i am having. i have a 96 JGC 4.0 laredo and the dash lights flash when the i turn the headlights on, they may dimm a little or alot and sometimes it seems that they dim so low that it looks as though the dash lights where off. i have pinpointed the location, which would be the wireing (i assume) inside the box where the headlight switch is located. if i press slightly on it near the dimmer, it may light up like normal, when i let go, it goes back to flashing. also, when i hit bumps, it may come on fully or dim fully.

strange thing is, i am not the only one with the problem, i know another fellow who owns the same model jeep as mine, but different color, same problem.

is this a common problem, and what can i do to fix it?

thanks.

96grandcherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2004, 12:21 PM   #2
ZickZJ
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I have this exact problem and I'm waiting for a reply back in this thread: THREAD before I go out and pay over $100 at the dealership for a new switch.

Oh and BTW: Welcome!

97' ZJ, SOLD
ZickZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.