To flare or not to flare - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > To flare or not to flare

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 01-04-2014, 05:14 PM   #1
Cherokee95kid
1995 ZJ 

To flare or not to flare

Ok well I have rust on my driver side rear fender closest to the back where the bumper is. Now I've been quoted from a few body shops and it would cost anywhere from 800- 1200 for the fix and repaint. I'm thinking if it rusted once it will again and that's where I was thinking of getting the Notch customs flare cause during instal the rusted metal would be cut out. But then id look silly with big flares a tiny lift and small tires. So cause I need new tires as well how big would I need to look not silly?

This has really been driving me nuts lol.

Cherokee95kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2014, 10:41 PM   #2
jnowak
1993 ZJ 

You could always do tubular flares. Still gives the flare look but not so far out. Plus some body protection.
jnowak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2014, 10:52 PM   #3
Cherokee95kid
1995 ZJ 

Yea but when I asked about that at an offroad shop the fab guy sad that he did a set once and cause they are tough it would be around 3000 for a set of tubular flares. The notch custom flares look really slick I'm just thinking il need 33"s to make it look good
Cherokee95kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2014, 07:54 AM   #4
jnowak
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee95kid
Yea but when I asked about that at an offroad shop the fab guy sad that he did a set once and cause they are tough it would be around 3000 for a set of tubular flares. The notch custom flares look really slick I'm just thinking il need 33"s to make it look good
Well that would work also.
jnowak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 09:03 PM   #5
stevo44544
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee95kid
I'm thinking of doing 33's also. I have 31s now with a 3" bb. Lame I know. But I plan to put 33s with a 4.5. I also have rust in same area so I'm planning to cut away and flare out. But I can't imagine flares looking good with anything smaller that 33s. You'll have to good some different pic searches.. Ording my wheels I'm next three weeks or so. So hopefully it works ha.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.