flag mount - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > flag mount

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-10-2009, 10:31 AM   #1
cheesehead74
2000 WJ 

flag mount

i'm looking to attach a flag mount to the rear of my wj. I have seen a few guys on here with them. just something to throw on an american flag. anyone know how to do this?

cheesehead74 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2009, 07:11 AM   #2
cheesehead74
2000 WJ 

Anyone? =[
Unread 06-12-2009, 07:16 AM   #3
Toliver09
1991 XJ Cherokee 

what i did was take the drivers side tail light out and fabbed a piece of 3/8" aluminum plate with a 5/8" hole for the flag, drove some self tappers into the underside of the body above the taillight and shaved some of the tail light away and it worked beautifully. also doing this for a cb antenna mount as well
Unread 06-12-2009, 03:37 PM   #4
Envygreen

make a mount out of a receiver and plug mount into hitch
2004 WJ 4.0 limited "I'LL TAKE A COLD INTERIOR OVER CLADDING" Still have heated seats! 2008 Ranger, 2003 Powerstroke lariat straight pipe tuned, 2000 TJ Sport, leaky stak 3 speed and bunch of other stuff that i don't care to add up.
Envygreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2009, 04:58 PM   #5
FDWJ
2004 WJ 

unfortunately i don't have any real close up pics of my set up, but all i did is use a 2 foot length of PVC pipe and some of that bendable metal pipe strapping with all the holes in it (not sure what its really called) and used the taillight screws as attachment points. it was a little tricky and i couldn't use the whole hatch with the flag in, just the glass. but it looked good. i do this every memorial day and independence day, and it was a LOT easier when i had my CJ. Oh, and dont forget to put a really big bolt or set screw in the pipe to hold the flag in. this way you can just loosen the bolt and take the flag out and stick it in the jeep when you park it.

these pics are from last year, this year i made the pipe a little shorter and painted it black.

wow, jeep was stock back then, doesn't look right...
Firefighter Jeep Club member #99
FDWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2009, 11:52 PM   #6
cheesehead74
2000 WJ 

guardpost. thats exactlly what im lookin for. could you pm me about details? and can you leave it in while you drive?
Unread 06-13-2009, 06:34 AM   #7
FDWJ
2004 WJ 

sure - ive done 60mph with this rigged up.
Firefighter Jeep Club member #99
FDWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.