Fixing my death wobble, center front axle, help - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Fixing my death wobble, center front axle, help

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 05-11-2010, 07:53 AM   #16
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Speed Bleeders only take a few days to get in

For the trackbar, I found that it works really well to drop the old one, bounce the front a few times, and it just about centers itself perfectly.

Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2010, 08:27 AM   #17
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugermack View Post
Buy one of those little vacuum bleeders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPKites View Post
Speed Bleeders only take a few days to get in ....
You guys have to rub it in, don't ya?

I know, I need something.
Wheelin98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2010, 08:42 AM   #18
rugermack
1995 ZJ 

Just messin with ya, They are a handy tool, good for checkin vacuum leaks too.
95' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, 148k, 5.2, NP242, 46RH, 4" RC lift, all new adjustable ca's(2 IRO front uppers and the rest RC adjustables), nitro shocks, JKS TB's, Jet Chip, Dynamax cat back, Magnaflow cat, GTP hood vents. 31" Pro Comps with Rock Krawler "D"s. Westin brush/grill guard with Hella 500s, 411's, Solid diff covers, detroit locker rear, power lock in front, SYE and Tom Wood's front/rear shafts, RE discos, BPE's, d-rings front and back, factory tc and rad skid, hitch, Sliders next.
03' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, (wifes Jeep) 99k, 4.7 5 speed auto, K&N, KYB shocks, drilled-slotted rotors, All the toys.
2000' Ford Superduty, F250, 7.3, 198K, 37's, too much to list.

Built Not Bought #257

Parts for sale d30 and d35 parts http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f126/...-parts-1004499
rugermack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2010, 11:52 AM   #19
bigzj
1995 ZJ 

Hey thanks guys. So i guess what i'm gunna try first is just take off the old bar, back it up, turn the wheel a couple of times to center it up, and extend the bar to the holes with the weight on it. Drive it around the block to let everything settle and measure it to make sure its centered. extend it as necessary. I guess thats a pretty good compilation of everything i've gotten from here.
bigzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2010, 09:30 PM   #20
xj20004x4
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I installed LCA's and had the same problem about 2-3" off. i tightened everything down and dropped it on the ground. im going to try wratchet straps to a tree since there is nothing in my garage and i ripped out my workbench trying to use that. I hope this works! any advice on something else could be helpful too!
xj20004x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2010, 10:00 PM   #21
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Just get the bushing in there and turn the wheel a tiny bit - if you hear it squeak, it's moving. Generally won't drop out. This can be done solo, but it's nice to have a partner.
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2010, 08:08 AM   #22
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj20004x4 View Post
I installed LCA's and had the same problem about 2-3" off. i tightened everything down and dropped it on the ground. im going to try wratchet straps to a tree since there is nothing in my garage and i ripped out my workbench trying to use that. I hope this works! any advice on something else could be helpful too!
You should torque the control arms and track bar when the tires are on the ground.

Doing it with the tires in the air can put a preload on bushings and wear them out quicker.
Wheelin98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 05:13 PM   #23
coach-mike
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I just did this yesturday and since this thread is from 2010 I really hope your all good by now.LOL I used a rope on the steering wheel and tied it to my tube doors got the bolt in then did an alignment via the draglink worked great..

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.