Fitting tires - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Fitting tires

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG4th of July Military Discount! (Active: July 2 - 16, 2014)Currie RockJock Products!!

Unread 06-07-2001, 11:21 AM   #1
ROKN ZJ

Fitting tires

I know this has been gone through numerous times on numerous other boards, and list serves, but I'm doing it again.

Right now my 98 ZJ has a 4.5" RE lift with 2" spacers in the front, and 1.5" spacers out back. I'm running 32" TSL SXs, but would like to run larger tires. To accomplish this I can add taller springs, or I was thinking of just adding the Teraflex custom length control arms. This way I could move the axle back, but the gas tank seems to conflict with the tracbar back there.

So my question is this: Those of you who run 35s+ how did you accomplish this feat? I've checked out www.nagca.com and have seen pics of huge Grand Cherokee which claim to have just slightly more lift then I do, so I'm wondering what the factor is. Axle location with respect to the wheel well? Lift height? Severe feder trimming? Wheel width or back spacing?

Any suggestions, or links to places with better information on dealing with larger lifts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Hal

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.