Fish Tailing - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Fish Tailing

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-24-2008, 08:04 AM   #16
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10achik View Post
I always thought it was cool that when I punched it with QD it would both front and rear to the right. It's also very cool when doing donuts that it will sit and rotate in one spot instead of going in circles.
i thought that WAS doing donuts? you mean somethings been wrong with all those RWD cars that i've done that with?

could have sworn that doing a donut meant your front tires stayed in one spot, otherwise you're just driving in a circle.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2008, 11:34 AM   #17
nashmd454
1996 ZJ 

just learn to drift and then it makes the fishtail that much more fun.
If GOD gave HIS only son for us...can't we at least give HIM an hour of our time a day.

[URL]http://photobucket.com/albums/v639/nashmd454[/URL]

[url]http://groups.jeepforum.com/The_Dark_Side[/url]
nashmd454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2008, 12:15 PM   #18
5.9 ANDY
zj tractor

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashmd454 View Post
just learn to drift and then it makes the fishtail that much more fun.
X2, you will also learn how to control your vehicle in an emergency situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift_grind View Post
It's threads like this that make me wonder why people lift there jeeps
its comments like this that make me wonder why some people are jerks.

build thread:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...ndard-1056365/
5.9 ANDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2008, 12:27 PM   #19
BLACKzj52
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.9 ANDY View Post
X2, you will also learn how to control your vehicle in an emergency situation.
x3
i drifted around some biotch the other day who decided to turn and not put his turn signal on.. i wouldntv had time to stop.. completely that is.. lol
My Build Thead
Facebook
Senior at The Ohio State University
BLACKzj52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2008, 12:34 PM   #20
Reswob
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrink View Post
I was driving to work this morning and the roads were snow covered. I pushed the gas to try to test the 4 wheel drive and started fish tailing? Is there anyway I can check to make sure my 4 wheel drive is working? I have quadra-trac. NV249 Transfer case. Is this normal or should I get it checked?
When I put my 242 in I checked my Full Time 4x4 by giving it too much gas pulling onto the main road in the pouring rain. The back end slides out, then you can feel the front tires grabbing. Probably wouldn't try that in the snow though...

#27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
Reswob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2008, 12:50 PM   #21
2LIFE2
1993 ZJ 

Everyone should test drive a bit at low speeds, with a spotter, where nobody can get hurt to at least get a feel for weight transfers and moderate skids.

jbrink and Driabyor are experiencing normal 4wd function? I don't know much but I do know that as long as I stay on the gas, my front wheels pull me straight. I've never driven a vehicle in 4wd that wants to fish tail under power or feels like the front brakes are on during acceleration.

If that is normal, I'm glad I have an AW4 then, If I punch it - my front wheels grab no questions asked. STRAIGHT down the highway!
I could see how it could be fun tho, I don't know if mine will work for that axis spin thing.... I'll have to try that. Didn't think turning to the stops and using mad power was a smart move for the front drive-axles and stuff.

And no, I haven't seen a 4wd in the ditch yet this year. Bout a thousand mid size fwd sedans tho...
Unread 02-24-2008, 01:32 PM   #22
nashmd454
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKzj52 View Post
x3
i drifted around some biotch the other day who decided to turn and not put his turn signal on.. i wouldntv had time to stop.. completely that is.. lol
Hey John....i really wished I had videos of me drifting the Supra...but it sure is funny looking at peoples face when they see me do it in a jeep.
If GOD gave HIS only son for us...can't we at least give HIM an hour of our time a day.

[URL]http://photobucket.com/albums/v639/nashmd454[/URL]

[url]http://groups.jeepforum.com/The_Dark_Side[/url]
nashmd454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2008, 04:28 PM   #23
AgitatedPancake
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10achik View Post
I always thought it was cool that when I punched it with QD it would both front and rear to the right. It's also very cool when doing donuts that it will sit and rotate in one spot instead of going in circles.
You guys give me a reason to post this video atleast once a month =D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3ZQxJSyc2c
Build Thread: http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum//showthread.php?t=7387
AgitatedPancake's Youtube Channel
AgitatedPancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2008, 04:50 PM   #24
10achik
I ate what?

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
i thought that WAS doing donuts? you mean somethings been wrong with all those RWD cars that i've done that with?

could have sworn that doing a donut meant your front tires stayed in one spot, otherwise you're just driving in a circle.
A donut is where your front wheels stay in one spot while the rear rotates around, what I am doing is the front and the back spin and both rotate. The video above showed it a little but if it wasn't quite as icey he could have sat and rotated in one spot.

Imagine the teacups at a carnival where you can spin the middle wheel and rotate, that's what the Jeep is doing.

99 GC Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO HC LA lift, F&R D44s locked & trussed, 242HD, IRO TC Skid, KMA Bumper, 35's
2006 Saturn Redline -2.0L Eaton supercharged I4, GMPP Stage 2, Custom Tune, AEM CAI, Ebiach Pro Kit w/ swaybars, EVO Ventus V12s (13.76 @ 103.85)
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP
2012 Nissan Juke - (hers)
2000 SV650 - naked, integrated tail light, sliders, corbin, pilot roads, RK chain & sprokets, D&D full exhaust, FactoryPro Stage I jet kit, +4 Ignition Advancer, Barnett race clutch
2006 Triumph America 900 - Full Dresser

January 2009 Grand Cherokee of the Month (GCOTM)
10achik is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.