first Jeep, first automatic, tuneup help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > first Jeep, first automatic, tuneup help

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 02-03-2013, 02:01 PM   #1
BeDifferent
1995 ZJ 

first Jeep, first automatic, tuneup help

1995 grand cherokee limited edition v8 5.2

been going through the easy stuff, door pins, 5 tires, lube/oil, trans oil&filter, have a list and parts on had for tierod replacements when it gets warm enough to work outside. worked on getting the defroster back on line, and just learning about Jeeps and specifically this one.

(( did find a service manual in pdf form for only $7.50 )) repair a few dozen things the P.O. had screwed up.

but after oil change and valve cover gaskets, I started to do a tune up =
thinking "upgrade" coil and wires, so I am trying to access the distributor cap and realize there must be a specific sequence that makes this task "the least painful"
since the cap/rotor are jammed between engine and firewall, with various items on top.

It also seems that checking and or replacing the cap/rotor should be regular, so even more reason to know the easiest way in to it. Have done a search on the site but no help. I know it should be obvious; but -- I defer to the voice of others experience.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.