JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/)
-   -   firestone prov. RI (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/firestone-prov-ri-1515961/)

buttersjeep90 04-28-2013 08:09 PM

firestone prov. RI

Well back in November I need to replace my front tires, my slow leaks got real bad. So I was in providence so I went to firestone on north main st in providence. Got 2 new tires and had them rotated. Fast forward to 2 days ago. Ended up needing to take my front wheels off to figure out my steering issue. Well to make a long story short an air impact didnt work, my craftsman impact didn't work, 4way didn't work, I had to use a 24uncg brakee bar with a 6 foot piece of pipe. Got the lugs off and well 2 lugs (1 from each side is gauged on the round part the meets the wheel.) So I call firestone the service manager I know there was on vacation so I talked to someone who was coving him while he was gone. I explained my situation and the guy basically told me its not there fault and that hey use torque specs and so on and so I got after him about it and said that's bull. And he hung up on me. So my buddy took me up there and I bought the lugs with me and showed him and he still didn't care. I made it clear that I'm jot letting this go. And left. This has me heated

WhiteOut 04-28-2013 08:19 PM

They'll do nothing for you. Unless you can prove they were the last ones who could have torqued the wheels too tight, which you can't.

buttersjeep90 04-28-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteOut (Post 15361410)
They'll do nothing for you. Unless you can prove they were the last ones who could have torqued the wheels too tight, which you can't.

Which sucks because I've never had a problem going to them for things I can't work on on my own. I look at it this way when ever someone askes me if they are a good shop ill say no and why they aren't a good shop. It's just like going to a restaurant, if the food and or service is terrible you tell people and well they don't go there. Word of mouth. I'm not trying to bash anyone or any shops buy the little rinky sink shop at the end of my buddies street does better work and they are a lot nicer. Anyways just needed to vent about it.

96zedjay 04-28-2013 09:18 PM

No stripped or broken studs, consider yourself lucky.

buttersjeep90 04-28-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 96zedjay (Post 15361642)
No stripped or broken studs, consider yourself lucky.

I know. I'll never be going there again.

Mickey_D 04-28-2013 10:19 PM

Heh, be glad you didn't go to Les Schwab. You wouldn't have gotten ANY of the 10 lug nuts off. I used to do road side assistance for a living and as such changed up to twenty flat tires a day.

I could ALWAYS tell when it was Les Schwab that put the tires on. I had 150psi of air going through a truck duty air impact and there were some I couldn't get off.

If anyone here works at Les Schwab please understand I only have experience with California, Washington, Oregon, Minnesota and Utah branch stores. If you work in one of those, I will curse you to my dying day. :tea:

zander21510 04-28-2013 10:26 PM

Same thing happened to me, tried to do the brakes on my mom's car, couldn't get the damn wheels off. Snapped the stud off of course...

I deduced that the last people to tighten the wheels was Discount Tire...unbelievable...

Oh god...I just remembered I got my tires from them a while ago...good lord in Heaven please don't let them be over-torqued...

speedbucket 04-29-2013 12:52 PM

meh, live and learn, i never let them put my tires back on, i use a second vehicle to take tires to them, mount, balance, then tell them to put them in back of the truck, take em home and put them on myself....or if you dont have that option then break them loose in the parking lot with the vehicle spare tool and retigghten to your liking. then if you cant break one loose you havent left and they can break it loose, if they break the stud they get to fix it...

Technohead 04-29-2013 01:18 PM

Go to BTS just up the road from Firestone.

buttersjeep90 04-29-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technohead (Post 15364252)
Go to BTS just up the road from Firestone.

In prov? I'm not a fan of prov, been robbed twice in prov.

The time now is 08:39 AM.