At the finish line, won't start yet? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > At the finish line, won't start yet?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 05-28-2012, 06:00 PM   #1
Bmason31
1996 ZJ 

At the finish line, won't start yet?

Just did a head gasket job on my 96 5.2L, and everything is "where it looks like it's supposed to go" but I'm not turning over. I've got a yellow plug on the left side of the bay that reaches to the battery, and no idea where it goes. I've got plenty of fuel pressure, but after testing, no spark to my plugs. Definitely didn't mess with timing, definitely got the plugs/wires in the right spot, but no fire. Is it this yellow plug? Either way, any idea what that plug is? Any ideas at all, guys?

Bmason31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 06:34 PM   #2
JasonStebbins
Obv

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmason31 View Post
Just did a head gasket job on my 96 5.2L, and everything is "where it looks like it's supposed to go" but I'm not turning over. I've got a yellow plug on the left side of the bay that reaches to the battery, and no idea where it goes. I've got plenty of fuel pressure, but after testing, no spark to my plugs. Definitely didn't mess with timing, definitely got the plugs/wires in the right spot, but no fire. Is it this yellow plug? Either way, any idea what that plug is? Any ideas at all, guys?
Not sure about the yellow plug. Did you perhaps bump the ignition coil/sensor during installation?

12 things to do when your ZJ stalls by ZeeJay1997
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/1...talls-1407423/
JasonStebbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 07:06 PM   #3
edpmedic
1995 ZJ 

Could you take a picture of the plug. Also check to see it you have spark from the ignition coil wire not from a spark plug wire.
Also and i'm really not sure but is your security system working. Maybe you have it engaged? But I think the headlights would be flashing.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Feel the Sunshine on your face
edpmedic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5.2l , electrical issue , electrical plug , start problems , wiring

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.