Finally lifted the ZJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Finally lifted the ZJ

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsCurrie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!

Unread 02-11-2008, 02:49 PM   #1
turbo_jb
1997 ZJ 

Finally lifted the ZJ

Welp, the time has came and gone, the Zj is finally lifted. bought a 2"BB and some skyjacker shocks from a guy on this forum and put them on this weekend. It went very smooth. Start to finish it took us 2 Hours and 20 minutes. My next problem was finding some cheep 31" tires for it. Well, it was like christmas. I went out to our shed and found my spare tires from my old ramcharger, turns out they are 31 10.5 15 ATs. All with about 3/4 tread left. It was awsome. The wife didnt seem to think it was christmas though. She didnt understand the magnitude of this find. And the jeep still rides great.

turbo_jb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2008, 02:52 PM   #2
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

turbo,

there is some great wheeling just south of you at Tuttle Creek ORVA near Manhattan Kansas. Great trails.

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2008, 02:56 PM   #3
a70eliminator

Thats some pretty good times, I've done two of them now and something always holds me up, that upper shock mount on the drivers side was a bear to get at. Where did you place the rubber isolators?
a70eliminator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2008, 02:56 PM   #4
driabyor
1994 ZJ 

probably need a snowmobile ... they have gotten quite a bit of snow lately... don't know for sure if any of it's left....

PLUS SIDE------ COLLEGE TOWN
driabyor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2008, 03:00 PM   #5
turbo_jb
1997 ZJ 

We put them rubber things on the bottom of the spacers in the front, and on the back we left them off, they didnt seem to fit very well. I can tell we left them off in the rear because it bounces alot in the rear. And year, we would have been done under our time but the front drivers shock shaft was spinning on us, so we ended up taking the master cylnder off.
Unread 02-11-2008, 03:36 PM   #6
Sporer65
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_jb View Post
Welp, the time has came and gone, the Zj is finally lifted. bought a 2"BB and some skyjacker shocks from a guy on this forum and put them on this weekend. It went very smooth. Start to finish it took us 2 Hours and 20 minutes. My next problem was finding some cheep 31" tires for it. Well, it was like christmas. I went out to our shed and found my spare tires from my old ramcharger, turns out they are 31 10.5 15 ATs. All with about 3/4 tread left. It was awsome. The wife didnt seem to think it was christmas though. She didnt understand the magnitude of this find. And the jeep still rides great.

I can't believe it took 6 posts for someone to unclicky him.

1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8: Rear Aussie, 3.5" Lift, 31" M/Ts

GA Trail Riders
Sporer65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2008, 04:31 PM   #7
Rockingdad
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_jb View Post

Does the GC have the 31" tyres on in the pics? I'm wanting to do a 2 inch lift on mine soon. other than the budget boost and shocks did you change anything else? how has the ride changed?

Cheers

RD
Unread 02-11-2008, 04:41 PM   #8
a70eliminator

Those aren't 31's in the photos, I also did a BB just the other day on my daily driver and didn't notice any change in the way it rides it feels great and I didn't change shocks or nothin.
Unread 02-11-2008, 06:08 PM   #9
turbo_jb
1997 ZJ 

No the tire on in the pic are still the 205/70s. They dont look HORRIBLE. but i need to find someone to put my tires on my rims for cheap. Its going to cost me more to have the tires put on the ZJ than i paid for them. The only things i installed were the 2"BB and the new shocks. Nothing else. The ride is still good. Its always been a little rough, but i think that is normal for the ZJs.
Unread 02-11-2008, 07:16 PM   #10
a70eliminator

2 hrs. 20 min. you did a 4 corner lift, If you put your mind to it you could mount them tires yourself in about the same amount of time, it's really not that bad the hardest part is breaking the bead, I take out the shcreader lay them down and run over the edge with front tire of my car, putting the new tires on the rim is easy.
Unread 02-18-2008, 02:12 PM   #11
turbo_jb
1997 ZJ 

heres a pic of it with the 31's
rides lovely!
Unread 02-18-2008, 03:10 PM   #12
sandman
1993 ZJ 

[QUOTE=turbo_jb;4832112]

heres a pic of it with the 31's
no click!!!!!!!!
Unread 02-19-2008, 10:48 PM   #13
teenwolf1393
1997 ZJ 

wash that thing !!!
teenwolf1393 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2008, 10:55 PM   #14
5.9 ANDY
zj tractor

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by teenwolf1393 View Post
wash that thing !!!
why in the world would he want to do a think like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift_grind View Post
It's threads like this that make me wonder why people lift there jeeps
its comments like this that make me wonder why some people are jerks.

build thread:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...ndard-1056365/
5.9 ANDY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.