Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Finally lifted my jeep!

3K views 51 replies 27 participants last post by  moparkid 
#1 ·
This is my first post but i have been reading on this forum for a while. I have an 02 overland and i put a 2" budget boost on with my up country springs, and new shocks. For tires, i put on BFG M/T 255/75/17. I am soo happy with the stance. It only rubs a little on the front lower control arms. Heres some pics. If some one could post them for me.

Heres a pic showing the clearance up front.

See less See more
#17 ·
I have one thing to say. NICE. Where did you buy the parts? Did you have to do anything different because of the Up Country suspension?

#18 ·
That is definitely a VERY nice WJ... thats how they should have looked leaving the factory good job!

#19 ·
Nice looking WJ. I keep bouncing back and forth between your setup (same size tires) with a 2.5" BB or 3 inch IRO.

Which BB did you get? How do you like the ride? Did it get worse? Also did you loose any driveability (loss of acceleration or MPG)?

Thanks in advance,

#20 ·
Nice looking WJ. I keep bouncing back and forth between your setup (same size tires) with a 2.5" BB or 3 inch IRO.

Which BB did you get? How do you like the ride? Did it get worse? Also did you loose any driveability (loss of acceleration or MPG)?

Thanks in advance,
If you've got the coin, then get the 3" IRO

Generally speaking, the ride will get worse with a lift, MPG will also decrease as well.

#21 ·
I don't mind if it drops but just don't want to go down to 13 on the highway or something. How much will ride be effected if I uses the IRO 3 inch with Bilstein shocks?

Finally, will the 255 fit in the spare tire well? Just doing my due diligence before I start amassing parts.

Thanks in advance,

#22 ·
I haven't installed my 3" IRO yet, but the general consensus has been that this kit rides better than a BB. And if you are going with Bilstein shocks you should have a pretty good ride. I'm going from 2" BB with inferior shocks to 3" IRO with MX6 and am expecting a noticeable improvement from what I've gathered reading on here.

Like said, I'm running a BB right now, and I can still get 22mpg on the highway.

#24 ·
Anything over 2.5 - 2.75" the cost goes up. Even 3" increases the chance of DW. You you will need the adj track bar. I recommend JKS.

Also 255s will not fit in the spare well, I currently have a 255/70/17 in mine and aired down it still sticks up about and inch. When I had my moabs with the jk 255/75s had to keep it on top of the well.

If I had it to do all over I would have stuck with the setup I got from KOR
2" old man emu HD coils a .75 spacer, jks track bar, mx-6, and the rear shock kit. I also had the addco anti swayz front and rear. That was the best setup considering I use it as a DD.

don't get me wrong I love my current IRO setup,it wheels great!! Flex is awesome and it looks killer. But the cost was unreal.

so i guess i am saying be ready to drop some coin:thumbsup:

#25 ·
You you will need the adj track bar.

If I had it to do all over I would have stuck with the setup I got from KOR
2" old man emu HD coils a .75 spacer, jks track bar, mx-6, and the rear shock kit. I also had the addco anti swayz front and rear. That was the best setup considering I use it as a DD.
If you get IRO's kit you'll be fine with their fixed bar. So I guess not necessarily an adj. track bar but definitely an after market bar?

I am considering adding 3/8" spacers to the IRO kit and they told me that their fixed bar would be fine even after adding the spacers.

Which brings me to my next question, you say in retrospect you'd do 2" springs with 3/4" spacer. How was this ride? Do you suspect I'd suffer great negative consequences (either in ride quality or other areas) for adding 3/8" spacer to a 3" IRO kit?

#35 ·
yeah i know his are the KM1's but like he said they are the ones that are on the JK Rubicons, those are special KM1's the lugs are smaller and their are more notches out of the center lugs... i didn't think you could puchase them.. go look at his 3rd pic and you can see they are a slightly different pattern then the regular km1's

#38 ·
So do you think it's smaller than a 32" tire then? If so, I might consider getting them. [Tire rack has the specs as 32.1 x 10]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.