Fender flares and window visors for ZJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Fender flares and window visors for ZJ

Warrior Products @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955Advance Adapters SYE KitsUCF Halloween Sale - 15% Off Until Midnight on Friday!

Unread 05-20-2013, 08:22 AM   #1
Dtperrell
1995 ZJ 

Fender flares and window visors for ZJ

I have a 95 Grand Cherokee limited ZJ and I really want to make it look meaner. I think fender flares and window visors would give it a good look but I cant find any made specifically for ZJ's. Are there any other fender flares that would fit a ZJ with little or no modification? I really want to avoid cutting the fenders at all. Thanks for the help.

Dtperrell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 08:32 AM   #2
jmonty0523
1997 ZJ 

http://www.quadratec.com/category/Je...s/36/index.htm
Quadratec is a little on the expensive side I've heard, but they are out there.

As far as window visors, do you mean the windshield or the window rain guards? Rain guards are available. i just got my set last Christmas. They might need to be ordered. As far as a windshield visor, as far as i know, most people who run them on a ZJ have customized one from a small truck like a Dakota or S10.
(o) )-o---) ) (o) )-o---) )______
jmonty0523 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 08:50 AM   #3
Dtperrell
1995 ZJ 

Rain guards for the side windows. I don't know where to look for them
Unread 05-20-2013, 08:54 AM   #4
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Not trying to be rude here but there is a discussion about rain guards near the bottom if you bothered to look. No fender flares without cutting.
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 12:53 PM   #5
Dtperrell
1995 ZJ 

What about the universal flexible fender flares? How good are they?
Unread 05-20-2013, 02:25 PM   #6
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtperrell View Post
What about the universal flexible fender flares? How good are they?
No one knows since it will look like crap. Some people have used wrangler flares and squazz used rain gutter metal but it all looks like crap. Squazz's is cool because it looks more mad max though. Really no reason to run flares unless your tires are wide enough to stick out and it's illegal where you live.

These flares will give you room to run large tires with a smaller lift. They are the only ones I would put on my ZJ because the rest look like garbage. http://notchcustoms.com/
Unread 05-20-2013, 02:39 PM   #7
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
No one knows since it will look like crap. Some people have used wrangler flares and squazz used rain gutter metal but it all looks like crap. Squazz's is cool because it looks more mad max though. Really no reason to run flares unless your tires are wide enough to stick out and it's illegal where you live.

These flares will give you room to run large tires with a smaller lift. They are the only ones I would put on my ZJ because the rest look like garbage. http://notchcustoms.com/
second notch. They look good. I like the company and they seem to have good customer service. I'm on the wait list from the ZJ bumper...
Unread 05-20-2013, 05:00 PM   #8
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Those notch flares look awesome! Almost like Iceland offroad flares. Hopefully they have better service then them though.
Unread 05-20-2013, 05:04 PM   #9
Dtperrell
1995 ZJ 

Quote:

I'm on a really low budget, is there another direction that I could go without spending $500
Unread 05-20-2013, 05:05 PM   #10
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtperrell View Post
I'm on a really low budget, is there another direction that I could go without spending $500
unless you want it to look like s***. nope
Unread 05-20-2013, 05:58 PM   #11
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

I wouldn't worry to much about fender flares. Especially if you have stock tires. It will just look silly. Best spend the money on other things that would be useful.
Unread 05-20-2013, 06:04 PM   #12
Dtperrell
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
I wouldn't worry to much about fender flares. Especially if you have stock tires. It will just look silly. Best spend the money on other things that would be useful.
I have another thread up about brush guards and side steps. I want to make my own but I don't know what type of tubing to use. Any suggestions?

Tags
fender flares , grand cherokee zj , zj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.