Fed up with Durango - want to buy a Jeep GC; what to look for? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Fed up with Durango - want to buy a Jeep GC; what to look for?

D.i.y. Ford 8.8 tj,xj,yjSavvy Aluminum BumpersSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 08-25-2007, 05:28 PM   #1
ti_co
2007 WK 

Fed up with Durango - want to buy a Jeep GC; what to look for?

Hi Guys. I currently own a 2003 Dodge Durango, but I'm getting frustrated with the lack of lift options and lack of rim choices due to the 6-4.5 bolt pattern. Any advice on what to look for in a Jeep Grand Cherokee? I'd like to get a 2000-2005 with a V8. I intend to use it as my daily driver around town, ski trips, 4 wheeling, and occasionally pull a small boat; I'd like to lift it, put 33's on it,and maybe lockers down the road. So, what options should I look for in gear size and engine size(is 4.7 the only v8)? Any other options to look for? Stereo, other accessories, trim packages? Any years or models that make lifting it easier? What size lift to fit 33's? I see several members with the 4" lift and 32's; is that the best practical lift/wheel combination? I really like the **** Cepek DC-1's in black and Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ's which will come out in the standard tire sizes in the next couple months. Anyone have experience with either of these?

Sorry for all the questions, but I did a ton of research before buying the Durango last year and still ended up disappointed. I should have sought advice from the experts back then. So... looking for any/all advice. Thanks!

ti_co is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2007, 05:50 PM   #2
Sporer65
1993 ZJ 

Go for the 1999 to 2004 Grands. They are the WJs and the easiet to lift. Do a search around and check out wjjeeps.com for more info.

1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8: Rear Aussie, 3.5" Lift, 31" M/Ts

GA Trail Riders
Sporer65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2007, 06:01 PM   #3
BucYouUp68
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporer65
Go for the 1999 to 2004 Grands. They are the WJs and the easiet to lift. Do a search around and check out wjjeeps.com for more info.
What he said, They also have a straight front axle. So No to IFS. Good Luck

Not hard, if you have a socket wrench and the mental capacity of a ham sandwich.
BucYouUp68 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.