Fault Codes and Problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Fault Codes and Problems

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Thursday Savings BlastIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-20-2013, 03:32 PM   #1
Mike2909
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Fault Codes and Problems

Hi I have a couple of problems I would appreciate advice on.
I started going offroading with my ZJ a couple of months ago and that is all I use her for these days. Sometimes she is parked up for a week or two but starts first time and runs well.
1st problem.
About 2 weeks ago I got a misfire on her but it cleared up after maybe 30 -40 seconds. Did not come back for a few weeks and then same again, misfire , hesitation 20-30 secs and then it clears itself up. Not had the misfire for maybe a month and tonight when driving home from the offroad sight misfire came back again and again clears itself after 30-40 seconds.
2nd Problem
When I have driven to the offroad sight, 15 miles from where I live it will never switch from hi to lo range straight away, I sometimes have to park up for 20 minutes to allow her to cool down before it will go into lo range. When I am at home and the ZJ is cold it will switch from hi to lo straight away.
I checked for fault codes and got back the following

P0743: Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Electrical
P0753: Shift Solenoid "A" Electrical
P0138: O2 Sensor Circuit High Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 2)
P1765: [BMW] CAN Throttle Valve
[Mazda] Transmission 3-2 Timing Solenoid Valve
[Mitsubishi] Crank angle sensor open
[Seat/Audi/Volkswagen] Hydraulic Pressure Sensor 2 adaptation at limit
Pending Fault Log
------------------
ECU reports no pending faults
Historic Fault Log
------------------
ECU reports no historic faults
Other discovered fault codes
(possibly pending, current or manufacturer specific)
----------------------------------------------------
ECU reports no other fault codes logged
End of report.
Could anyone tell me if the reported codes have a connection to the problems I am having?

Mike2909 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2013, 04:07 PM   #2
Mike2909
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Just to add , It is a 98 ZJ 4.0 with 107k. I have owned her from 2009.
Mike2909 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.