JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/)
-   -   Fat bob strikes again... (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/fat-bob-strikes-again-1515018/)

1slickzj 04-26-2013 06:03 PM

Fat bob strikes again...

Hey all,
I just wanted to post about my experience with fat bobs garage... It was horrible. First of all I ordered a rear track bar bracket ( jeep zj )... Part I got was a set of instructions for a jeep tj and a part for who knows..naturally i thought they gave me instructions for wrong jeep but right part...Oh no didnt match up at all... so after i realized how hoaky the part was i ordered the jks rear adj tb. Ok so now on to the great customer service. Wrote email stating i received the wrong part, was told by bob that the tj & zj part is the same thank you solved the problem.. So I replied that the part does not fit and id like to return it...His reply was" well take a picture of it and if its wrong we will send you the correct one, Or if you just want to return it, i pay for shipping and a 20% restocking fee"
Thats BullSh** . If i received the corect part it would be under my jeep waiting to brake.. Why should i pay for shipping and 20% for their error!! Sorry for the long rant i just hate piss poor service. And by the way i do not recommend a bracket for anyone.. its sloted so it will move and really cheap looking. I dont recommend keeping your axles under your jeep safely with a bracket.. order the jks and be safe and happy !!!

95grandc 04-26-2013 06:14 PM

I feel your pain. Something happen to me.

Technohead 04-26-2013 07:00 PM

Why not deal with a quality business in the first place?

tucsonzj 04-26-2013 07:29 PM

while I will admit many track bars fit both the zj's and other jeeps, I can't say anything about yours. But I totally get your gripe, bad customer service is the worst. I was advised last year to never go anywhere near fat bobs garage....never have, never will. It always amazes me that somehow companies are ok with bad reviews like this knowing that many of us are on sites like this. And a few bad reviews can lose business from an entire sites members and even those who just creep the forums.

JohnnyZJ 04-27-2013 10:08 PM

Bad business reviews often get put on the back burner when its the cheapest price....

Myusername1674 04-28-2013 12:37 AM

Well, just thought I'd be devils advocate real quick. I do run a 2 inch bb by fat bobs, if you stay with just that, you can't go wrong. I got mine with new (low quality, but at least right size) shocks for $180 shipped. As for their other parts, probably all ****.

MtnboyBamm 04-28-2013 01:26 AM

I'll just stick with the companies that are favored on here. I have all iro under my Jeep and their customer service is great. I just ordered some parts from kolak and that is where I'll probably be doing all my purchasing from here on out. Good, knowledgeable guy to work with and great prices. Doesn't get any better than that IMO.

The time now is 06:20 PM.