Fan shroud ? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Fan shroud ?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 05-02-2013, 10:57 PM   #16
jnicewan
1995 ZJ 

Antifreeze is not just for winter, though it lowers the freezing point of water, it also raises the boiling point too. Antifreeze/coolant provides protection from corrosion and rust and fights mineral deposits from water. Another side benefit to anti-freeze is leaks, it doesnt evaporate and dry quickly plus it is dyed so unlike water it will leave more evidence behind when leaking.

A stronger water mix ratio will provide better heat transfer but I would at least try to run around 25-30% anti-freeze just for the other benefits. There are also additives you can put in the system in lieu of anti-freeze to supplement the water or supplement the heat transfer properties.

jnicewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 10:42 AM   #17
dylantheheeler
1996 ZJ 

Water boils at a lower temp than 50/50. I would use some antifreeze.

Edit: jnicewan beat me to it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.