Fan belt help! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Fan belt help!

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 06-17-2011, 11:56 PM   #1
j_ag1124

Fan belt help!

Hi new to this forum and new to jeeps but not new to changing fan/serpentine belts. So I needed to change the fan belt today after picking up my new Jeep because the previous owner put the wrong size belt on. So after putting the new belt on and changing the belt tensioner everything lined up perfect but once you crank on the engine the belt slightly slips off the big middle bearing and makes it not aligned about 1/2 inch then once that happens after running the truck for awhile the belt slightly tears where its not aligned.

Can someone tell me what can cause it to be unaligned? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by j_ag1124; 06-18-2011 at 12:13 AM..
j_ag1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2011, 11:58 PM   #2
j_ag1124

forgot to mention that I have a 98 Grand Cherokee V8 5.9

Last edited by j_ag1124; 06-18-2011 at 12:17 AM..
j_ag1124 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.