Factory security on 93 GC - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Factory security on 93 GC

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Jeep Wrangler Framless, Bowless, Trektops 92-95 YJ, 97-06 TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 07-15-2002, 01:50 PM   #1
Jackylman

Factory security on 93 GC

Does anybody know a way to disable the factory alarm on the 93 Grand Cherokee. Its become a pain to deal with?

Jackylman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2002, 11:00 AM   #2
bocephus

I've had problems with my system too...dealership said they couldnt deactivate it, and I didnt want to pay to have them figure out why it was glitchy...my solution is to always make sure, when leaving the car, to lock all the doors using the power switch inside, then, after all the doors are closed, I unlock the driver's door with the key, and then relock it with the key. You'll see the little "security" light on the dashboard display go off...I read in the manual that the security will arm only when all the doors are locked at the same time. I know this isnt the best solution, but I hope it helps you avoid draining your battery from constant alarms.
bocephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2002, 09:14 PM   #3
Drafter75

That's the correct solution short of disarming it permanently. I've never trusted that damn alarm in mine and that's exactly how I lock it up.
[b]Have you hugged your Jeep today?[/b]
Drafter75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2002, 12:01 PM   #4
Jackylman

Basicly the way I've been doing it. Except for the locking the drivers door with the key. It will help to know there is a way to open the dam drivers door without the alarm going off.

Thanks for the info!!!!
Jackylman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2002, 06:43 PM   #5
Drafter75

As described above, this is the procedure I personally use...

When I park, and before I shut off the engine, I use the door lock button on the door to lock all the doors. Then I manually unlock my door by hand. Then I shut off my vehicle. When I exit the vehicle, I manually lock the door by hand and shut it.

This insures the alarm system doesn't arm itself... even by accident. You can verify this by checking your security light. It should be off. When re-entering the vehicle, you're safe to use the key in the door or the remote transmitter to unlock the door. This method should work just fine even if you have glitches in your factory alarm system.

I know it sounds like a pain in the butt... butt it works!
[b]Have you hugged your Jeep today?[/b]
Drafter75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.