Factory Alarm Problem??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Factory Alarm Problem???

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comCCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 08-16-2009, 02:38 AM   #1
CULate
1930 J-Series Truck 

Factory Alarm Problem???

A 1998 Grand Cherokee Limited 5.9. Tonight out of the clear the factory alarm went off. So we went outside & nothing around no issues found. So about an hour later it goes off again. It appears this is going off by itself without any reason. We thought maybe a cat or something. But we live in a real quite place our neighbors cat is inside at night.
Anyway anyone have a problem with an alarm going off by itself & if so what is the fix? Can it be disconnected?
Thanks in advance.

CULate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2009, 03:17 AM   #2
sandman
1993 ZJ 

common problem, not sure of a fix but a quick search will show you how to disable it.
Unread 08-16-2009, 10:59 AM   #3
CULate
1930 J-Series Truck 

I found several topics but none for the 98 limited 5.9. There seem to be some conflict as to disarming different years. Where are the pins on the hood & rear hatch.
Thanks for you quick response. I went last night & disconnected the battery. This morning I checked all the doors, hood & hatch & hatch window to be sure they were closed tight. rehooked up the battery & set everything.
Is there a purple with a yellow tracer on the 98 Limited 5.9 or is it a different color? Is it in the door panel or kick panel? That was confusing in the different topics.
Again Thanks for you info & any further info available by anyone.
Unread 08-16-2009, 11:18 AM   #4
Tiggerrrrr
1995 ZJ 

I believe the alarm system is the same on all zj's. The purple/yellow wire runs behind the kick panel, throught the boot in the door jamb and into the door. the reason most people ground it behind the door panel is because there is more room to work and its easier to find that wire in the door. There are a LOT of wires behind the kick panels. From what I've read since I've owned my ZJ, the Problem with factory alarm seems to be associated mostly with the drivers door keylock.

Looking for a REAR tow hook and bracket!
Tiggerrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2009, 02:54 PM   #5
CULate
1930 J-Series Truck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrrrr View Post
I believe the alarm system is the same on all zj's. The purple/yellow wire runs behind the kick panel, throught the boot in the door jamb and into the door. the reason most people ground it behind the door panel is because there is more room to work and its easier to find that wire in the door. There are a LOT of wires behind the kick panels. From what I've read since I've owned my ZJ, the Problem with factory alarm seems to be associated mostly with the drivers door keylock.
Thanks for your info. Greatly appreciated. You state most of the problem is around the drivers door lock. Is there a fix? Replace, Clean, etc.? I don't have the remote fobs for this Jeep & not sure where the best place is to buy them. Would buying Remote Fobs fix this? WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO BUY REPLACEMENT REMOTE FOBS & HAVE THEM PROGRAMED?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.