Mine wasn't that bad, but close. I went with front long arms to move the stress points. (Was about to lift anyway) Cut off the lower ca mounts. Used 16 gauge steel to patch the holes. Painted entire underside with por-15. Strengthened unibody with tnt frame stiffeners. I also bought a product from eastwood that coats the inside of the rails to curb the rust from the inside. Believe me and others when the say its worse than it looks. We originally thought the problem was in one small area but as we started cutting, the hole got bigger and bigger. Be ready for a job much bigger than you think. That being said, it was still cheaper than buying a new zj and going from there. GC's around here command a high price. You really need to be honest with yourself about the rest of the rig. In my case, I had a drivetrain in excellent condition and I had done enough work on the systems (elect, cooling, etc) that I know that it would be a huge step backward to buy another one. I also looked into buying a shell and swapping everything...did not have that kind of time. As it was, the work is still being done in stages and has taken most of the summer. I am now in a race to finish before the snow flies. Good luck!