Exhaust ?'s - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Exhaust ?'s

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-07-2003, 07:59 PM   #1
RII

Exhaust ?'s

I was just wondering if it's even possibvle to get dual exhaust on a 95 gc laredo. I took it to meinke and they said it was but it woudl cost like 400 something. I thought that price was insane so i went to a local muffler shop and he said that there wasn't even enough room to even think about dual. You guys know anyone with duals?

mmmm 2 flowmaster 40 series with 2 shiny chrome pipes....V8 sounds soo good

RII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2003, 10:49 PM   #2
GreenJeeper

Dual Setup? You Bet Your ***!

RII. Yes it is possible to have a dual exhaust setup. I have one. The price of $400 on the otherhand, is not expensive at all. I am suprised Meineke even told u they would do it. They told me no, so I went to my friend and we did it ourselves. The result is amazing. There is a very very limited amount of space though, like your guy said, which makes equalizing the airflow pretty hard. You obviously can just try to make it then same but it might offset the point of an exhaust; which is more power, not sound (heheh, well, maybe not quite). I have a stainless setup that was built using 2.25" tubing from Borla but with 2 40 series Flowmaster mufflers and a custom Y pipe from the cat. It took about a week to do (were fairly lazy) but I am very very glad we did it. With my K&N FIPK, a JET chip, Borla Headers and new underdrive pulleys, we got a very very healthy horsepower and torque gain over a single 2.25" system and a nice gain over a single 2.5" system. But, the real reason? Your right, its the sound. And oh my god. I blow Mustangs away, u cant even hear them. Thing sets off car alarms like nothing. let me know if you need some more advice.
GreenJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2003, 12:09 AM   #3
KeNTeChNiCaL

I also have a dual setup. The reason I made it was the y had cracked and so I chose different than stock. Once I get the pics I'll show you guys.

...And it makes those car alarms go off quite well I might say.
3 inches, dual side outs in front of the rear wheels.
It really makes heads turn coming from a jeep.

I was stopped and questioned about it at the US/Canadian border last year in Detroit. The guard new something was up because it was lowder than a usual jeep. They asked me questions about it and even pulled out a mirror to check under the vehicle. He was a car buff and said he liked it. I threw it into idle and revved the engine for him and he was very impressed. He gave me a thumbs up and watched me as I pulled away.
Unread 01-08-2003, 02:22 PM   #4
Wiking

Hi

It's possible I have four(4) 3' exhaust pipes two on each side. It's spilt just before rearaxel. The price in Sweden was $385 from front too rearend. The sound is nice

Good luck
Wiking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.