Exhaust Manifold Gaskets on 5.2L V-8? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Exhaust Manifold Gaskets on 5.2L V-8?

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGAlloy USA Still Available

Unread 06-30-2004, 09:39 PM   #1
Jim Moore

Exhaust Manifold Gaskets on 5.2L V-8?

Fellas-

I removed my exhaust manifolds today as part of my head gasket replacement project. Imagine my surprise when I discovered there were NO gaskets between the exhaust manifolds and the heads. The head set I bought has replacement exhaust manifold gaskets. What's going on here? Am I crazy?

2004 GCL
Jim Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2004, 02:10 PM   #2
97grand

No, You're not crazy. There is no OEM gasket available. I went through this about 8-10 months ago. I just got the Fel-Pro gaskets and was done with it.

[COLOR=darkgreen]'91 Taurus SHO+ - Deep Jewel Green [/COLOR]

[COLOR=red] '05 Grand Caravan SXT Inferno Red[/COLOR]

'69 Dodge Charger - Black primer[/I]
97grand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2004, 02:24 PM   #3
Jim Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97grand
No, You're not crazy. There is no OEM gasket available. I went through this about 8-10 months ago. I just got the Fel-Pro gaskets and was done with it.
Thanks. Hey, did you re-use your head bolts?
2004 GCL
Unread 07-01-2004, 08:40 PM   #4
hurk76

I did my head gasket (among other things) about 2 weeks ago and reused the bolts. Not really by choice--couldn't find replacements and had to get on the road. 1500 miles, and the oil is still at full and the color of cola, so it looks like the heads sealed fine, though I'm going to recheck the torque on the bolts in a couple of days just in case. Anyone have problems reusing the old bolts?
hurk76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2004, 10:40 AM   #5
Jim Moore

Thanks, Hurk.
2004 GCL

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.