Exhaust inquiry - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Exhaust inquiry

Rugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped OGreat prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadOconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!

Unread 05-28-2004, 04:53 PM   #1
turk

Exhaust inquiry

Hey all,

For those of yo who have a 4.0 and have replaced your cats and mufflers with performance parts, what adapters if any did you need to install them? I am getting a magnaflow cat 2.5" in/out and a flowmaster 50 series muffler, also 2.5". I just want to be sure I have everything before starting the install.

One more thing... The price I have for teh muffler is $94.99 plus shipping, anyone know of a better price out there for a 50 series flowmaster muffler?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Turk

98 JGC Laredo 4.0, 3" lift, Rustys adjustable UCA's & LCA's, Custom K&N intake, high flow exhaust, Jet chip Stage 2 and 32x11.5 BFG TA's

Last edited by turk; 05-28-2004 at 04:58 PM..
turk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2004, 10:39 PM   #2
turk

WOW, so everyone takes their ride to a shop and let them have at it? Well, if someone who does their own work can offer some feedback it would be appreciated!

Turk

98 JGC Laredo 4.0, 3" lift, Rustys adjustable UCA's & LCA's, Custom K&N intake, high flow exhaust, Jet chip Stage 2 and 32x11.5 BFG TA's
Unread 06-01-2004, 11:44 PM   #3
KingZeke

Why would you go with a Magnaflow cat and a flowmaster Muffler????????? You would get a lot better performance with the Magnaflow muffler plus it has a great sound to it, not quite as loud as the flowmaster but a lot smother sound and yes as stated before better performance. Just my $.02
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]IMCO Exhaust[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Almighty 2" BB Club Member # 38 [/COLOR]
KingZeke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2004, 06:09 AM   #4
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

Turk,

for the price of your muffler alone, I had the magnaflow muffler purchased and installed.

Yep, I took it to a shop....holy crap! Did I really type that out loud

At that time, no garage and no tools.

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2004, 09:55 AM   #5
GrandRubicon155

yes yes i too took mine to a shop also but i got my 40 series muffler, 2 inch of straight pipe, (to make up for the length of the stock muffler) and installation for $109, my 40 series was only $59. maybe the 50 series run higher, i'm not sure.

sean
Unread 06-02-2004, 02:42 PM   #6
turk

Where were you guys when the I made the post originally? Damn, that is a good price for a flowmaster or maybe I just did not know where to look! There is a bit of compromise on the cost since I will do the install myself but, still paid 103 shipped. Not horrible but not the best price. What kinda cat do you have, how much$? The Magna flow cat, I got for $55 shipped.

Not that it is a reason, but I mentioned in a reply on another post that there is hesitation if I turn the Jeep on, put it in gear and step on the gas without waiting a minute or two. There are other reasons for this to occur, but due to the age and mileage on the vehicle I am choosing to blame the cat. The Jeep runs fine after initial start up and as long as it does not sit too long between starts there is not prob. However, overnight seems to be enough to cause the "hiccup". Anwho... Live and Learn!

Turk

Unread 06-02-2004, 03:51 PM   #7
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

For the first post,

sorry, maybe at work?

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2004, 06:38 AM   #8
ThreeEleven240

lol well i am getting the borla exhaust and catback system, with a new downpipe. i am gonna do the work myself so i gotta figure out some stuff too.
ThreeEleven240 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.