Exhaust Ideas? Anyone? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Exhaust Ideas? Anyone?

1996-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelBead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearUCF Black Friday Sale

Unread 04-13-2010, 09:31 AM   #1
placoo12
1998 ZJ 

Exhaust Ideas? Anyone?

I want to put a new exhaust systems on my jeep. I just dont know what set up would sound the best. I want a deep rumble with some crackling. The problem is that i dont have the V8 5.2. I have a 1998 GC 4.0L. Can anyone help me out on a set up that sounds good.

placoo12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2010, 09:40 AM   #2
melk
1996 ZJ 

Kolak is your man. PM him here or kolak@aol.com
melk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2010, 01:52 PM   #3
MineRunnerZJ
1998 ZJ 

I have a Kolak exhaust on my 5.9 and he definately set me up! But I had a Rusty's exhaust on my 93 4.0, I sounded great with the flowmaster 40.

SOLD - 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Some go fast goodies, JK Moabs 255/75R17 BFG M/Ts, MX-6s, 4'' RE Lift - Super Ride Adj. control arms, Addco's, JKS trackbars/discos..... Kolak Exhaust/Ignition, SCT tuned!
ARB Bull Bar
SOLD - 99 TJ 4.0L AX15 -
6" Rubicon Express Springs/Disco's, Clayton's Long Arm w/ triangulated 4 link, Ford 8.8 4.56 gears. JB SS SYE, Tom Woods Driveshafts. Poison Spider Rocker Knockers
K&N Intake, Flowmaster Cat and 50 series, Custom Front/Rear Bumpers with Warn XD9000i.
Rollin on 35" BFG A/T's
SOLD - 93 ZJ 4'' RE lift, 32 BFG MT tons of other goodies!

[B]NoVA Jeepers[/B]
MineRunnerZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2010, 04:46 PM   #4
LordHobbit
1993 ZJ 

I just put on a thrush welded and dynomax tailpipe. 2.25" all the way through now. Oh I put a hi-flo cat on before. Not very expensive, but I don't like the sound. It drones. My wife thinks it's great. How's that for a flip??

Isn't red the only color a vehicle should be?
If at first you don't succeed, use more speed.
LordHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2010, 04:57 PM   #5
JrMechanic

1993 ZJ 

Dump it after the cat... Sounds great on the 4.0 and only costs about $6 bucks for a turn down. Not very loud at idle but when you get on it she screams... It drones around 35mph but it's not bad at all. Interstate I can hold a conversation at a normal level even with the radio on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvuTWve5h4M
Unread 04-13-2010, 05:07 PM   #6
Painbow6
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrMechanic View Post
Dump it after the cat... Sounds great on the 4.0 and only costs about $6 bucks for a turn down. Not very loud at idle but when you get on it she screams... It drones around 35mph but it's not bad at all. Interstate I can hold a conversation at a normal level even with the radio on.

YouTube - Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 Exhaust
This!! I didn't even put a turn down on mine. No dust flying everywhere, and best of all- $0. Sounds sooooo good and sets off car alarms sometimes

2004 LJ- 35's and stuff
1978 Land Rover Series III- Winston, you will be sorely missed.
Painbow6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
1998 , 4.0 , exhaust , grand cherokee , performance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.