Exahust for JGC ZJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Exahust for JGC ZJ

Jeep LED Light Lights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955RCV Axles at CCOR15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Unread 05-29-2003, 01:39 PM   #1
lazybummm
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Exahust for JGC ZJ

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone was familiar with aftermarket mufflers I can get for my ZJ? I've got the 5.2 v8. I've heard things about the Dynomax super turbo, but most of the things I've read has been referenced with the 4.0 i6, so I was wondering anyone knew any good mufflers for the v8. I am not particularly looking for noise, more for gas mileage and performance, from what I've read, there is actually a increase in gas mileage is that true or is that more of a myth? does anyone know of any reviews written by anyone? Another thing is that my local exhaust shops have super turbos and there only like 14" in width, the actual muffler body width, but the dynomax site has a 20" listed for the zj, so there is a 6 in difference, what kind of difference do you guy think it will make with a smaller muffler. any help would be appreciated, I've also been suggested to look at magnaflow mufflers, they're more than the super turbo, but less than the ultra flo's.

lazybummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2003, 01:56 PM   #2
GrandRubicon155

I have a 93' ZJ and i've got a Flowmaster 40 series on it and it sounds GREAT. I just replaced the factory muffler and kept the same pipes from the cat. back. The shop had to add a little piece of pipe because the flowmaster was shorter than the stock muffler but if your looking to get a cat. back system, that won't be necessary. it cost me $125 for the muffler and labor. Money well spend for the sound and gain that i got. Good Luck
Unread 05-29-2003, 08:45 PM   #3
alaningles

have a 96 gc limited and had a magnaflow installed along with a carsound cat and it sounds pretty sweet...nowhere near as loud as a dumpmaster...the shop where i had this done was able to loosely install various mufflers for me to hear while in the drivers seat and the dumpmaster droned pretty bad...it might sound great to those outside but i have to live with it inside

alan
alaningles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2003, 09:38 PM   #4
REDDOG55

i have a 6 cylinder with flowmaster..it sounds good..very deep..i would imagine for the 5.2 it would sound sick..it u want spend the extra like 30 bucks and run new pipe..looks cleaner and easier for a tip..good luck man..you'll hear a difference
REDDOG55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2003, 02:47 PM   #5
Swamp Boy
1993 ZJ 

DItto magna flow.. Sounds good out side and quit inside...

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.