EVIC stays on even when key is in off - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > EVIC stays on even when key is in off

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 03-21-2014, 12:07 AM   #1
Howells23
1994 ZJ 

EVIC stays on even when key is in off

is the EVIC in the center dash programed to stay on when the Power swich is in the off. I just recently bought a 94 grand cherkee laredo and its my first jeep so some dumm questions my follow

Howells23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2014, 12:21 AM   #2
1998_ZJltd
1998 ZJ 

no its not supposed to stay on .. it comes on with the ignition

and please read the FAQ's prior to posting dumb stuff ... especially if it has to do with what size lift you can put on or what size tire you can do if you leave it stock height or if you lift it x amount of inches and is it dumb to lift it first then buy the tires to fit or should you get the tires and put them on even if they rub then lift it when you can or ....

yea there are a lot of dumb lift questions ... try the search bar or the stickies that cover that in FULL detail ....

the guys that put them together and the charts spent time doing them so we try to use them ..... also remember just be cause the chart says that "" will fit with "" lift .. if you think you want a bigger tire than the chart says then get it ... but don't ***** here later if yo take it off road and stuff it up and crunch something ....

O and welcome to the forum .... great info and lots of help here .... really ...
1998_ZJltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2014, 12:35 AM   #3
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998_ZJltd View Post
no its not supposed to stay on .. it comes on with the ignition

and please read the FAQ's prior to posting dumb stuff ... especially if it has to do with what size lift you can put on or what size tire you can do if you leave it stock height or if you lift it x amount of inches and is it dumb to lift it first then buy the tires to fit or should you get the tires and put them on even if they rub then lift it when you can or ....

yea there are a lot of dumb lift questions ... try the search bar or the stickies that cover that in FULL detail ....

the guys that put them together and the charts spent time doing them so we try to use them ..... also remember just be cause the chart says that "" will fit with "" lift .. if you think you want a bigger tire than the chart says then get it ... but don't ***** here later if yo take it off road and stuff it up and crunch something ....

O and welcome to the forum .... great info and lots of help here .... really ...
there's no stopping dumb questions, I was always told the dumb question is the one not asked.
Unread 03-23-2014, 12:51 PM   #4
1998_ZJltd
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaliber81 View Post
there's no stopping dumb questions, I was always told the dumb question is the one not asked.
exactly the point .... I was making .... "can I fit 35 inch tires on my ZJ with a BB" has been asked .. the answer is yes you CAN ... and NO you cant ... you can with a lot of trimming ...

that is the kind of question I was trying to not get him/her to ask .... as it has been asked before ...
1998_ZJltd is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.