EVIC not working properly - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > EVIC not working properly

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 01-17-2012, 06:54 PM   #1
DigitalPhoenix
1998 ZJ 

EVIC not working properly

I've got a question about my 5.9 ZJ. When I started it up yesterday morning, I noticed that the display was reading two dashes (--) where the digits for the outside temperature should be as well as the DTE, Average MPG, and Instant MPG display. The compass and engine hours display work properly, all the others are acting up on me. Also, the display is not dimming when the lights are on. It worked earlier today but it started acting up again this evening.

Is this a loose connection, or is ththe EVIC going bad? Not a big deal, but it is annoying to see it not reading correctly.

Thanks for your time,
Digital.

EDIT: It is the little display on the head liner, not below the climate control

DigitalPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #2
Idowza

I am having the same problem in my WJ. Did you ever find a solution?
Idowza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 07:42 PM   #3
KoreaZJ
1994 ZJ 

For ZJ....

SELF-DIAGNOSTIC TEST

A self-diagnostic test is used to determine that the trip computer, compass, thermometer, and all of the display module segments are operating properly electrically. Initiate the self-diagnostic test as follows:

(1) With the ignition switch in the Off position, simultaneously press and hold the Step button and the U.S./Metric button.
(2) Turn the ignition switch to the On position.
(3) Continue to hold both buttons until the display module performs a display segment test. In this test, all of the vacuum fluorescent display segments are lighted.

This test will:
a. Verify that all display segments are functional
b. Check the internal circuitry of the module
c. Check that all of the CCD data bus messages needed are being received.
(4) Respond to the respective test results as follows. If all tests are passed, the module will automatically return to normal operation.
d. In the display segment test, if any segment should fail to light the unit is faulty and must be replaced.
e. If the internal circuitry test is failed, the module will display “FAIL”. If “FAIL” is displayed, the unit is faulty and must be replaced.
f. If the CCD data bus message test is failed, the module will display “CCD”. If “CCD” is displayed, the use of a DRB scan tool and the proper Body Diagnostic Procedures manual are required for further diagnosis.
(5) Momentarily depress and release either button one time to exit the self-diagnostic test mode and return the trip computer, compass, and thermometer display module to normal operation.
KoreaZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.