Ever have this problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Ever have this problem

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 05-10-2004, 06:51 PM   #1
1st95gc

Ever have this problem

I have a 95zj, started it up this morning to go to work and the coolant level low was flashing in the jeep. About 3 and 1/2 hours later I checked it before going to lunch level was fine but the coolant bottle was very low, anyway during lunch no problem. Then leaving work about 8 hours later the coolant level low was flashing again. When I got home I started it up again after a couple of min. and it was fine. Is there a sensor going bad or do I just need to add coolant to the bottle? Anybody else have this happen? Thanks.

1st95gc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2004, 08:14 PM   #2
Buddha_Kip
2000 WJ 

had this exact same problem in my 00' a few months ago. I also thought it was just a sensor or something, until I got underneath the thing. turns out the water pump was leaking on the gasket side. Lucky for me the truck is still under warranty. You may want to skootch under your truck to see if you are leaking any water.
2000 WJ Limited - 2.5" Rusty's springs ¤ WAAG 1-piece front brush guard ¤ custom built WAAG nerf bars ¤ PIAA 580 lighting ¤ Custom Paint ¤ One-off Aluminum Treadplate Door Entry Guards & Rear Bumper Step ¤
1986.5 Porsche 928S - 18" Moda MD1 ¤ Autothority Chips ¤ Rear Muffler Bypass ¤ Short-Shift Kit
Grease Monkey & HNIC @ Clasik Auto
Buddha_Kip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2004, 10:12 PM   #3
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

When the engine is cold. Squeeze the top hose and see if there is fluid in it. You may just need to add fluid to the top fill mark and see how it goes from there.

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2004, 10:59 AM   #4
900Steve

don't forget to check the radiator cap. my girlfriend noticed i had some coolant leaking and i poped the hood, my cap somehow was loose. after closeing the cap and topping it off, i had the pesky coolant light go on and off after repeated startups, and eventually went away.
900Steve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2004, 08:27 PM   #5
1st95gc

I put some coolant in the reserve bottle to the full mark and no more problem. What is weird is when I bought it the reserve was totally empty and the (low coolant level) never came on, oh well seems to be fine now,thanks for the input.
1st95gc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2004, 02:22 PM   #6
acitydweller

i am going to have to try this because my low coolant level warning comes on as well... particularly when the car starts cold. once i arrive to where i go, shut the car off... then return to restart the car, the warning message appears to disappear. I'll go ahead and check/add some coolant and see how it goes.

Cheers.
acitydweller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2004, 04:29 PM   #7
jiggajeeps

I have the same problem in mine. When I add coolant, it is fine for a couple of months, then the same problem again. A slow leak, right? If so, then where is it leaking? I never have puddles, even very small ones.
'04 KJ Sport, '98 5.9 Deep Slate, FIPK2, Mopar ECU, '93 XJ Country, '92 YJ 4.0 5speed
jiggajeeps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.