Is this even possible? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Is this even possible?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 01-07-2003, 02:11 PM   #1
RII

Is this even possible?

I was just wondering if i can get a manual in my 95 GC Laredo. My friend said he's een it done before but the only jeeps i've seen with sticks are wranglers. I was wondering if the transmission from a durago might work. If i'm not mistaken they have a 5.2 and a 5.9 V8. If this is possible ot anyone knows anythign that would help me out please let me know.

RII is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2003, 02:39 PM   #2
Beachead19

93 ZJ's had a manual tranny. Find one and do a swap.
Kolak Ignition
-----------------------------------------
Beachead19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2003, 06:44 PM   #3
RII

Will that just switch and work? Isnt' the ZJ a inline 6? How would that transmission work with a v8?
RII is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2003, 07:53 PM   #4
scubatch2

93 is the only year that you could get one with a stick.I think it was only offered in the I-6, but I could be wrong.
95 zj 5.2,Re 4.5+3/4in spacer,456's,true-trac frt,trac-lock rear,Hanson rockers,33"MTRs,surco,hella's,high-lift,flow-masters&cat,ax&shovel mounted on rack,onboard air,231 swap,Hanson front & rear bumper,ford elec fan
- jeff-

jeep pics
scubatch2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2003, 02:22 AM   #5
JeepHippy

yup early model I6's were the ONLY ones to have a manual, good luck swaping the tranny, you would be better off buying a CJ with a 3sp and V8.

-Evan
JeepHippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2003, 08:21 PM   #6
Slightly_Off

along with the trany, I think you would have to change the computer.

1993 ZJ 4.0L
Slightly_Off is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.