Evaporator Drain Tube? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Evaporator Drain Tube?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNew jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!

Unread 05-22-2005, 01:20 PM   #1
-Joe-
1995 ZJ 

Evaporator Drain Tube?

Alright.. Seems alot of posts lately have been on the topic of AC.

Im trying to diagnose my problem with no cold air.

Was going to check the drain tube to see if it may be blocked with gunk. But I cant find it.

Seems it would be right on the firewall in the engine compartment.. But i just dont see it.

Can anyone help?

Its a 95 grand cherokee 4.0

'95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo I6 4.0L
242TC - Extreme Engineering 2" Front Lift/1.75" Rear Lift - ES9000 Shocks + JKS BPEs
Moog Cargo Control Springs
Magnaflow Converter - Dynomax Muffler
235/75/15 AT Uniroyal Liberator Tires
-Joe- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2005, 06:59 AM   #2
Turbonut

You won't be able to see the drain tube. It is a straight plastic tube that is inside the frame assembly. That's why condensate will drip under the Jeep in the middle and in the front out of the frame.
This would not have any effect on the operation of the A/C. If no cold air, check if compressor is operating. Chances are refrigerant is low or gone from a leak.
Turbonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2005, 10:54 AM   #3
WhiteWater

When you first fire up the AC, does it blow cold air at all? If so, the the inside of the drain tube could be icing up and screwing up the heat transfer. it does this on my '98 and all I have to do is set it to vent for a few minutes. But if you're not getting cold air at all, then you're probably low on refrigerant.
WhiteWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2005, 12:33 PM   #4
-Joe-
1995 ZJ 

It used to blow semi-cool air. So i got a gauge and it was low, so I recharged it.

It blew cool air when I had the cycling switch jumpered (Compressor would come on). But when I connect the wire back the compressor wont kick on.

Its not low as far as the gauge says. The recharge i used had a red dye in it, but i dont see it leaking anywhere.. visable or with a uv light.

Dont really have the money to pay a shop a ton of money to get it checked out.

'95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo I6 4.0L
242TC - Extreme Engineering 2" Front Lift/1.75" Rear Lift - ES9000 Shocks + JKS BPEs
Moog Cargo Control Springs
Magnaflow Converter - Dynomax Muffler
235/75/15 AT Uniroyal Liberator Tires
-Joe- is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.