Erratic oil pressure - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Erratic oil pressure

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-28-2014, 09:10 AM   #16
JTWM0677
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by herqulees
Well if I remember correctly there are two different sensors for oil pressure, one for the oil gauge, and one for the low oil pressure warning light. If the light isn't on and your gauge is just acting weird which is common along with the engine still sounds the same I'd say all is good.
Oil is due a change in about a week and a half, motor sounds he same as it always has.. Just cold natured like most jeeps I've read about..

Sent from my iPad Mini using JeepForum.. From who knows where this time..

JTWM0677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2014, 09:19 AM   #17
Purcell69
1993 ZJ 

The oil change pending may have something to do with the lower pressure reading, but I would still bet on the sensor. In my old carbureted Chevrolets, I remember the oil psi would drop as I got closer to a change being due, though this was on a mechanical pressure gauge. Over time the oil would break down and become contaminated with fuel as well. Not so common on fuel injected engines unless there is a problem with the injectors.

-Joe
Purcell69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2014, 02:04 PM   #18
pageman
1995 ZJ 

In the future maybe you should change the oil filter 1/2 way befor the oil is due just to help keep contaminents out of the unit. Its cheap and always worth a shot
pageman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2014, 02:31 PM   #19
JTWM0677
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageman
In the future maybe you should change the oil filter 1/2 way befor the oil is due just to help keep contaminents out of the unit. Its cheap and always worth a shot
This is the first oil change since I purchased it a couple weeks ago, but I'll keep that in mind in the future..

Sent from my iPad Mini using JeepForum.. From who knows where this time..
JTWM0677 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.