engine swap question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > engine swap question

Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 10-02-2006, 02:08 PM   #1
vtlaxplaya16

engine swap question

I have a 95 6cylinder jeep grand cherokee, will the v8 bolt right in? if so can someone link me to a write up or something.thanks in advance

vtlaxplaya16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2006, 02:15 PM   #2
jeep_on

Youd have to get a new transmission, PCM for both, and new motor mounts. Im sure it can be done, but it would be a lot of work.

Do some searching on Google.

Waiting on a 2013 RHD JK Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
Wait, you can't cross creeks up there? What the Hell is up with these Canadians?
jeep_on is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2006, 03:52 PM   #3
Woody
Retired back to Bowties

That's gonna be more work than you are imagining. You'd need a bigger radiator, larger exhaust, and that's in addition to all the parts mentioned above.

It would probably be easier and cheaper to sell your current Jeep for one with a V8.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.