Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Engine spits and sputters when making a hard left turn - help

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  bigupjail 
#1 ·
When driving me jeep ad making a hard left or u-turn the engine starts sputtering like it's going to die and it will unless you give it more gas.

This is worse when you take it 4-wheeling, the gas light will actually turn on even though it is full and the engine will start sputtering.

any help would be great,
thanks

#5 ·
I don't know if ZJs have the same inline fuel filter set up like XJs do but I have heard people describe engine sputtering during hard turns before as a fuel filter problem. If you do have it, it is an easy change, if not I wonder if it might be a sign of early fuel pump failure. The second part is just purely speculation.

#8 ·
mine does that when my tank is low. dont know if it is the filter or pump but i also noticed in my other zj that if i park on a hill with the pass side downhill with low gas it wont start, i think its just the placement of where the pick-up is. i even went and put gas in it that time thinking i ran out and with more or less 2 gallons in it it still wouldnt start. had to push it out of the parking spot with the rear end on the lower part of the hill.
hope this helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.