engine powered air compressor - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > engine powered air compressor

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 03-09-2006, 02:54 PM   #1
Airborne Lee
2013 JK Wrangler 

engine powered air compressor

has anyone done this on a WJ? Seems like an interesting idea.

http://www.off-road.com/jeep/tech/body/york/

3 Previous Jeeps - 01 WJ Ltd, QD & UC - 01 WJ Ltd, QT II - 98 XJ Ltd
Airborne Lee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2006, 05:25 PM   #2
Woody
Retired back to Bowties

Nope, most TJ's, YJ's, and CJ's that run that don't have A/C which is where the compressor is normally mounted. Haven't seen one on a WJ. Saw one on a ZJ that someone had cut up so it really didn't look like a ZJ anymore. Didn't need A/C at that point.
Unread 03-09-2006, 05:33 PM   #3
drewman141
Gas Guzzler

1994 ZJ 

Yeah, I was looking to install something like this http://offroadrecovery.com/product/006_000 in the ZJ. I got hung up on some kind of braket/mounting system that would work with the other accesories. Like Woody said the only real way I see it feasable is to remove one of the other belt driven accessories. I was looking into an electric PS pump but they are so rare it's not really worth it. Especially since you can get a high volume 100% duty 12V compressor like a viair for a fraction of the price and less work.

MUST GO! 1994 Limited ZJ 5.2L V8 - Light Driftwood Satin Glow
It's a 94 5.2L Limited - trxus 33's on 15x7 steelies, 4.56s w/ front OX and rear trutrac, NP242 swap, novak shift kit, Kevin's ultimate 4.5" lift + ACOS, ARB front bumper w/warn M8000, rear tomkin machine bumper w/ tire carrier, kevin's hardore railz, kevin's ultimate tc skid, kevin's trackbar conversion, rusty's gas skid, flexalite efan, Kolak's performance ignition and brake upgrades. ViAir OBA, custom storage/sub box and I'm sure there's a bunch of other things I'm missing. Everything is a little over 3 years old with less than 10K miles. Looking to get around $4k.

drewman141 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2006, 09:48 AM   #4
Airborne Lee
2013 JK Wrangler 

Thanks! When i have done searches on air compressors I was finding stuff that cost twice as much as this Viair product line!

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/viair.htm

I think I'll start with the onboard tank first.

Anyone know how a site to help calculate the gallons of air used at "x" psi?
3 Previous Jeeps - 01 WJ Ltd, QD & UC - 01 WJ Ltd, QT II - 98 XJ Ltd
Airborne Lee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.