engine powered air compressor - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > engine powered air compressor

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-09-2006, 01:54 PM   #1
Airborne Lee
2013 JK Wrangler 

engine powered air compressor

has anyone done this on a WJ? Seems like an interesting idea.

http://www.off-road.com/jeep/tech/body/york/

3 Previous Jeeps - 01 WJ Ltd, QD & UC - 01 WJ Ltd, QT II - 98 XJ Ltd
Airborne Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2006, 04:25 PM   #2
Woody
Retired back to Bowties

Nope, most TJ's, YJ's, and CJ's that run that don't have A/C which is where the compressor is normally mounted. Haven't seen one on a WJ. Saw one on a ZJ that someone had cut up so it really didn't look like a ZJ anymore. Didn't need A/C at that point.
Unread 03-09-2006, 04:33 PM   #3
drewman141
Gas Guzzler

1994 ZJ 

Yeah, I was looking to install something like this http://offroadrecovery.com/product/006_000 in the ZJ. I got hung up on some kind of braket/mounting system that would work with the other accesories. Like Woody said the only real way I see it feasable is to remove one of the other belt driven accessories. I was looking into an electric PS pump but they are so rare it's not really worth it. Especially since you can get a high volume 100% duty 12V compressor like a viair for a fraction of the price and less work.

MUST GO! 1994 Limited ZJ 5.2L V8 - Light Driftwood Satin Glow
It's a 94 5.2L Limited - trxus 33's on 15x7 steelies, 4.56s w/ front OX and rear trutrac, NP242 swap, novak shift kit, Kevin's ultimate 4.5" lift + ACOS, ARB front bumper w/warn M8000, rear tomkin machine bumper w/ tire carrier, kevin's hardore railz, kevin's ultimate tc skid, kevin's trackbar conversion, rusty's gas skid, flexalite efan, Kolak's performance ignition and brake upgrades. ViAir OBA, custom storage/sub box and I'm sure there's a bunch of other things I'm missing. Everything is a little over 3 years old with less than 10K miles. Looking to get around $4k.

drewman141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2006, 08:48 AM   #4
Airborne Lee
2013 JK Wrangler 

Thanks! When i have done searches on air compressors I was finding stuff that cost twice as much as this Viair product line!

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/viair.htm

I think I'll start with the onboard tank first.

Anyone know how a site to help calculate the gallons of air used at "x" psi?
3 Previous Jeeps - 01 WJ Ltd, QD & UC - 01 WJ Ltd, QT II - 98 XJ Ltd
Airborne Lee is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.