engine block heater options - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > engine block heater options

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-06-2009, 12:49 AM   #1
jeepheller98
1998 ZJ 

engine block heater options

hey guys, as you know winter is couple months away, and i want an engine block heater. i know for normal winter conditions it doesnt matter to much. but every year we go up to canada for ice fishing and it as -45* BEFORE the windchill last time.

i was looking at one of those stick-on the oil pan heaters, but i do go wheeling and im afraid it will just get ripped off...

not going to do a dipstick heater.. just wont, i dont beleive in it

i found this one that recirculates the coolant Tank-type Engine Heaters - JCWhitney but i have NO idea how i would hook it up

so i think i will go with a freeze plug heater.. are there any downs to this one that im not thinking of.. i REALLY dont want to out on a frozen lake in the middle of nowhere with a motor problems

are there any other options i cant think of?

and when i mean the middle of nowhere i mean this

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.