Energy suspension 1.75 lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Energy suspension 1.75 lift

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 12-09-2011, 05:01 AM   #1
totalalign12

Energy suspension 1.75 lift

I picked up a 1.75" bb. I put all the skid plates off a uplander from the salvage yard. The springs have a 100,000 miles on them, so I may gain a inch or inch and a half. My new Rancho shocks should work, though I'll check the travel. My question is do I use only the pretty new spacers? Or use them in conjunction with the factory isolator? Of course there's no instructions.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

totalalign12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2011, 05:03 AM   #2
MilanJeep

You can do it either way. I'd leave the isolator in for more lift

Milan
MilanJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2011, 06:31 AM   #3
totalalign12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanJeep
You can do it either way. I'd leave the isolator in for more lift
I'm concerned my shocks are going to be short. I was really wanting to keep the lift at 2"

Unread 12-09-2011, 08:57 AM   #4
somebody5788
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalalign12 View Post
I'm concerned my shocks are going to be short. I was really wanting to keep the lift at 2"

The isolator will help keep things quieter, I'd assume the 1.75" was assuming you were using the stock isolators.
Unread 12-09-2011, 06:12 PM   #5
totalalign12

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebody5788

The isolator will help keep things quieter, I'd assume the 1.75" was assuming you were using the stock isolators.
You guys were right. I just left the isolator in. I kept it against the spring were it was, and stuck the 1.78 bushing on the front. It was quite a bit bigger then the rear. I spaced out measuring the rear, but it was a little smaller. These ZJs sat lower in the front. So Now it sits level. With the insulators and Energy suspension kit its an easy 2 " lift.
The track arm lined up nice, sway bar links were no problem. Shocks have tons of travel. Rides and drives perfect. Thanks 12

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.