Emergency: Oil replaced with diesel oil - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Emergency: Oil replaced with diesel oil

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-27-2013, 11:29 AM   #16
zjosh93
1993 ZJ 

I run Rotella 15W40 in my 4.0 all the time. It definitely made it run smoother and quieted down some lifter tap I had. It's pretty warm in Austin so I don't worry about the cold weight being a little thicker. It also stays cleaner longer. I had been using Castrol 10w40 and it would get visibly darker after a month or so. I've been running the same Rotella in there for about six months now and it's still pretty clear.

zjosh93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 12:40 PM   #17
MN59ZJ
1998 ZJ 

All the Land Rover experts suggest using diesel oil in the old petrol V8s... Me, I suggest selling the rover for a jeep, but you are fine with the oil.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
MN59ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.