Electrical System Problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Electrical System Problem

Save at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsECGS Labor Day Sale!!New DEAL OF THE WEEK at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 01-22-2007, 10:52 AM   #1
MWLThe1st

Electrical System Problem

Hello

I have a 2002 GC Sport. While I was driving last night, suddenly I could no longer control the volume of the stereo with the controls on the steering wheel. Yet the stereo still worked. None of the windows would roll up or down. The computer would give me a direction but there were "--" instead of the temperature. When I open the drivers door none of the interior lights turn on, however, when opening the driver side back door the lights do turn on. Should I check my fusebox or does this seem like a more serious problem? Thanks

MWLThe1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2007, 11:13 AM   #2
Firefreak

Start by checking your fuses, but you may also want to disconnect the battery and let everything reset. If you do that and it dont work let us know
Firefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2007, 02:02 PM   #3
MWLThe1st

I disconnected/reconnected the battery and it works! Thanks
MWLThe1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2007, 02:19 PM   #4
Firefreak

Hey thats great, hope it never gives you fits again.
Firefreak is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.