Electrical short/wiring.. Keeps ruining batteries! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Electrical short/wiring.. Keeps ruining batteries!

ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire Carr*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 10-23-2013, 06:14 PM   #1
dirtymissouri
1995 ZJ 

Electrical short/wiring.. Keeps ruining batteries!

How long are the interior lights supposed to stay on? Got a ZJ for free, It's a 95 GC Limited w/4.0 Auto.
I got it for free becuase it wouldn't start. The battery was bad because of a voltage leak. I put a new battery in and tried to find the leak with no luck so I got inside and was reading the owners manual to pull fuzes, About 2 mins with everything shut and the keys out. That's when I noticed the interior lights and door lights were still on. So, How long do yours stay on? I pulled the fuze for them so theyll stay off all night but I will be pleased if thats the problem.
Any input is appreciated.
Thanks, Jacob.

dirtymissouri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #2
habbyguy
1996 XJ Cherokee 

You might try the ZJ forum, for a start.

Other than that, get an ammeter, hook it up in line with your battery lead, and see how much current you're drawing from the battery. Pull fuses one at a time and you'll see where it's going.

Good luck.
habbyguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.