Electrical Problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Electrical Problems

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-18-2014, 09:46 PM   #1
pinstripefan90
1994 ZJ 

Electrical Problems

So yesterday on my way to work I was coming to a stop and then when I went to accelerate, my radio, HVAC control head, EVIC and cluster all blanked out and then came back on in a split second, this continued to happen during similar stop and go situations for the rest of the ride to work as well as over a few good hard bumps, So I then decided to test my old junk battery for kicks while I was at work and the GR8 came back saying bad cell, so I charged up a half decent core that tested out good and threw it in the Jeep, It was fine for a little while but It ended up messing up again w/ the whole stop and go type situation, also since it was dark I found out that when it happens you also loose power to the headlight. I obviously have some type of a intermittent short or loose connection but I'm just wondering if any of you guys have encountered this and if so where was the wiring/connection problem found, thanks...

- Jake

pinstripefan90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2014, 02:41 PM   #2
Oldfrog
Web Wheeler
1997 ZJ 

Check the battery ground to the fender, the pcm and sensor ground that's below the coil on the engine block and the ground near the oil dip stick. Take them apart, clean them and re-tighten them....but only do it AFTER you remove your negative battery cable.

Words of wisdom, Posted by Zeejay:
"..it's not air, it is the opposite of air... suckage so to speak."

Stalling? Work through Zeejay's list
Oldfrog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2014, 06:30 AM   #3
Speedymcracer01

I would also check the pdc's positive wire from the from
Speedymcracer01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2014, 04:01 PM   #4
OCDComputing
1998 ZJ 

Headlight switch assembly is causing it. Search this forum and you will find lots of examples of it. You will need to take the switch out and re-flow the solder joints.
OCDComputing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2014, 12:47 AM   #5
Oldfrog
Web Wheeler
1997 ZJ 

Yep...I had forgotten about that one. You probably need to reflow the soldered connections on the headlight switch. It's a simple job. There is a write-up here with pics somewhere.

Words of wisdom, Posted by Zeejay:
"..it's not air, it is the opposite of air... suckage so to speak."

Stalling? Work through Zeejay's list
Oldfrog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.