Electrical issue??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Electrical issue???

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-16-2010, 03:03 PM   #1
97jeepgurl
1997 FSJ Cherokee 

Electrical issue???

I have a 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. I am a 3rd owner of this vehicle and have had it for a year and a half.
Just this week, my alarm started going off by itself at night with no one nearby it (I have sensor lights so nobody can sneak to my truck without lighting them up) and it only does it at night. Then the next day, my inside lights started flickering on and off without anybody touching them and everything they flicker, you hear a clicking sound near the glove box area.
Does anybody know what is going on and what steps do I have to take to get this fixed and is this something I can do at home?
Thanks!

97jeepgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2010, 08:58 PM   #2
freakinheep89
1995 ZJ 

first off, the clicking noises behind the glovebox are relays, as to why they are clicking and flashing your lights the only thing i can think of is that one of your door switches for your dome lights is going bad. when they short out they can stop working in general or pulse erratically. does the light flashing happen with any of the doors open or when their all closed? Is it just the interior dome lights or the dash lights too?

[QUOTE=slayercr23;12630497]How would i go about Stroking it?[/QUOTE]
freakinheep89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2010, 09:37 PM   #3
ZeeJay1997
1997 ZJ 

Most likely you have a broken wire in the door boot. Find where it comes inside (down around the hood release) close the door and wiggle the harness. If it's a intermittent break, it should break the ground and make the interior lights come on.
ZeeJay1997 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.