Electrical gremlins - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Electrical gremlins

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 09-10-2006, 03:57 PM   #1
Beachy

Electrical gremlins

My 2001 Ltd has some electrical gremlins. If I leave the headlight switch to 'auto', sometimes the lights will come on while it is parked in the driveway at night. Thought it was being stolen a few times, and ran outside with my gun!

Also, the driver's side mirror always goes to a different position when I unlock the doors by remote.

My bro-in-law had a ZJ, and told me that he had some similar problems, and there was a trick to resetting the. computer.

Is there something like that for WJ's? We tried it on mine, but it didn't work.

Beachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2006, 04:00 PM   #2
reneveah
2003 WJ 

your trouble with the mirror is from your memory seat thing, you need to set that. The headlights, I have no clue, Just turn them off from auto
Unread 09-10-2006, 04:12 PM   #3
Beachy

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneveah
your trouble with the mirror is from your memory seat thing, you need to set that. The headlights, I have no clue, Just turn them off from auto
The memory seat is set for both myself and my wife's keyfob. Everything goes into the proper place, except for the driver's mirror.

Also, I like leaving the headlights on auto, so I would like to fix the problem, rather than live without a part of the vehicle for which I have already paid to function in a certain manner.

[url]http://www.daimlerchryslervehicleproblems.com/[/url]
Unread 09-10-2006, 04:48 PM   #4
SnaFu2
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachy
The memory seat is set for both myself and my wife's keyfob. Everything goes into the proper place, except for the driver's mirror.

Also, I like leaving the headlights on auto, so I would like to fix the problem, rather than live without a part of the vehicle for which I have already paid to function in a certain manner.
The mirrors seem to be a common problem. My driver's side never goes bk to where i set it. According to the wireing diagram there are 2 variable resistors in the mirror that act as sensors. i have read on different forums that u can take the mirror apart and clean them and it will correct the problem.

Also, i have read on one of the jeep forums about a TSB on the lights. maybe wjjeeps.com.
SnaFu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2006, 04:52 PM   #5
Woody
Retired back to Bowties

I have heard that running the mirrors to the extremes in all directions several times will help clean the connections that set the mirrors so they go where you set them to.

It works with the Buick we own as well as the WJ we used to have.
Unread 09-10-2006, 09:30 PM   #6
Beachy

Maybe I'll have a chat with my local Jeep service writer about the lights.

[url]http://www.daimlerchryslervehicleproblems.com/[/url]
Unread 09-10-2006, 10:06 PM   #7
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody
I have heard that running the mirrors to the extremes in all directions several times will help clean the connections that set the mirrors so they go where you set them to.

It works with the Buick we own as well as the WJ we used to have.
Thats exactly what you need to do.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.