Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  pinstripefan90 
#1 ·
So I was wondering if any of you guys have run into this...I have a '94 ZJ and the other day I was pulling it into the shop and all the sudden my stereo, my digital hvac controls, and my information center went blank...no power to any of them, so I checked all my fuses in both the interior fuse panel and in the power distribution center, i don't have power to circuit breakers 26, 27 & 28. Chrysler DealerCONNECT won't show me diagrams or info b/c my vehicle is too old, I have just started looking through alldata and haven't looked into shopkey yet but I'm wondering before I start tearing things apart and tracing out wires, have any of you run into this problem. Also after messing around a little I realized my power locks, and power mirrors do not work as well plus my overhead display shows 0 degrees but still has the compass as well as all my fuel economy info, plus my security light on the dash is on but the jeep still runs and drives, everything worked previously until this incident, so if you guys have any tips or info I would really appreciate it.

-Jake

#2 ·
I actually just figured it out about a hour ago. I had a open, now I did what I would consider a hack job repair but I took apart the center part of the dash to look at the wires and check their continuity. Then I looked inside the rubber boots that hold the harness that goes into the door and I found a wire w/ the insulation pulled off it, checked it w/ my meter and it had no power, so then I grabber my power probe and gave it 12volts to see what would happen and then everything worked, so instead of pulling apart the dash and searching for the open I ran a jumper wire to 12volts and it works properly the way it should so I got it figured out.

- Jake

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.