Electircal Problem w/Vehicle Info Center - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Electircal Problem w/Vehicle Info Center

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 01-02-2002, 01:04 PM   #1
Charlie93GC

Electircal Problem w/Vehicle Info Center

I have a 93 GC and I'm having a weird problem with the Vihicle Information Center (display below the A/C with time, date, service reminder, etc). Lately, whenever I shut teh truck down, the clock resets to Jan 1, 12:00. However, the radio remains with the correct time and the presets are retained.

Anyone run into this issue?

Thanks.

Charlie93GC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2002, 01:53 PM   #2
horatio102
Web Wheeler

It probably has a seperate battery to keep it's memory that has expired. Sounds like that's the problem, or the memory wire has been cut. I'd call a service shop and inquire about the presense of a seperate battery.
horatio102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2002, 09:33 PM   #3
Kess

sounds like ur module is losing ground or something when the vehicle is shut off, seperate ground to a battery jsut for that

Retired:1994 JGC Laredo I6 4.0L, Smittybilt Outland brush guard, 1 3/4" Daystar coil spacers, custom air intake with tube K&N, Borla cat-back, KC Daylighters 6" 150w stainless steel, Xenon superwhite headlights 85/100w, 235/75/15 Pirelli Scorpian A/T, billit aluminum grill inserts
Kess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2002, 02:49 PM   #4
Mackskibum
1976 CJ7 

Check the battery voltage- My '95 does the same thing from time to time- I always reset it and go. If it happens every time you get in the jeep and start the engine i'd bet on the battery or a bad system ground somewhere.
'76 CJ7 project
Mackskibum is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.