ece headlights for a 98 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > ece headlights for a 98

HELLA FF75 12V 55W H7 Fog Lamps - SPECIAL OVERSTOCK SALE FBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiJeep Gear & Install Packages!

Unread 05-25-2014, 10:25 AM   #1
Syncityj
1998 ZJ 

ece headlights for a 98

So, I've been looking for a set of ece headlights with an h4 bulb for a while now, I know kolak sells them, but I'm looking to find the whole set a little cheaper. While looking, I've noticed that the majority of the model year fitment says 93-95. Can anyone tell me why there would be a difference between 93-95 to my 98 for the headlights? Also, if anyone has used a set of ece headlights, I would appreciate any information they could provide, pro's and cons, and where they found them good wiring harness and so on.

Syncityj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2014, 12:57 PM   #2
Kolak
Vendor

As a forum vendor, and since this is a Vendor sponsored forum, I'd certainly appreciate your business. I do give JeepForum members a discount off my regular price for this kit. Let's chat via PM and I'll do my best to make it fit your budget.
kolak@aol.com or kolak@kolakperformance.com
Kolak is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2014, 02:45 PM   #3
Oldfrog
Web Wheeler
1997 ZJ 

Kolak will give you good merchandise for a fair price. No need to shop.

Words of wisdom, Posted by Zeejay:
"..it's not air, it is the opposite of air... suckage so to speak."

Stalling? Work through Zeejay's list
Oldfrog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2014, 03:20 PM   #4
KJK
1998 ZJ 

I'll tell you where I found them: Kolak.

He had everything I needed in one kit and was able to answer all of my questions. That's definitely worth something to me.

As far as how do I like them? They are, in my opinion, one of the best mods you can do to a ZJ. The lenses are real glass and they put out a lot of light right where you need it.

Get a few of the headlight mounting sockets from Kolak as well because yours will undoubtedly break when you remove the old lights.
Unread 05-25-2014, 03:32 PM   #5
firsttimeZJ13
1995 ZJ 

What's the difference between ece and regular headlights? Are they brighter? Projector?
Unread 05-25-2014, 03:42 PM   #6
coralman
I can wish can't I?

1998 ZJ 

They don't yellow for one. The beam pattern is also spread better than the american version. European versions are often better. Like self leveling headlights and backup fogs.
Unread 05-25-2014, 08:22 PM   #7
dodge16vrt
1998 ZJ 

Any links to what these kits look like? I may need 2 of these kits. I can still see out of mine but my daughters niner is bad at night. And are these plug n play?
dodge16vrt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2014, 08:54 PM   #8
Syncityj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge16vrt View Post
Any links to what these kits look like? I may need 2 of these kits. I can still see out of mine but my daughters niner is bad at night. And are these plug n play?
Plug and play if you get an h4 adapter.
Unread 05-25-2014, 08:56 PM   #9
Syncityj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolak View Post
As a forum vendor, and since this is a Vendor sponsored forum, I'd certainly appreciate your business. I do give JeepForum members a discount off my regular price for this kit. Let's chat via PM and I'll do my best to make it fit your budget.
I hope there was no offense taken. Your customer service is beyond comparison. I am just broke.
Unread 05-25-2014, 08:58 PM   #10
dodge16vrt
1998 ZJ 

Soo, What do they cost.
Unread 05-25-2014, 09:16 PM   #11
Syncityj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Soo, What do they cost.
$300+ for a full complete kit. People who have the ece headlight say that they would never go back. It's one of the best/favorite mods/upgrades they have ever done. Our headlights suck, I found a set of h4 led headlights I'd like to use with them, I just struggle to pay $200+ for headlights, not including a wiring harness
Unread 05-25-2014, 09:35 PM   #12
dodge16vrt
1998 ZJ 

Anyone got pics of them installed? $300 is a lot but I replaced the housings on my daughters maybe 2 years ago and they leak water and you cant even adjust them due to the cheap Chinese attachments.
Unread 05-26-2014, 12:18 AM   #13
Kolak
Vendor

The H4 harness I supply makes them essentially plug and play. You just have to attach the power and ground leads.

PM me for information about the kit or you can email me at kolak@aol.com if it's easier.

Quote:
Unread 05-26-2014, 12:19 AM   #14
Kolak
Vendor

Oh not at all Happy to chat whenever you like. I'm sure we'll find a way for you to get the kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncityj View Post
I hope there was no offense taken. Your customer service is beyond comparison. I am just broke.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.