Easy Suspension Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Easy Suspension Question

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 06-05-2004, 01:11 PM   #1
bigjeep39
2004 WJ 

Easy Suspension Question

I am new to grand cherokees, and i do not know what all is involved in lifting one. I just want a mild lift for 31's or so. But the question is do you need to modify t-case, or d-shafts or gearing or anything like that, or will there be a huge power/ride loss if lifted 3.5 inches or so. I am just curious please let me know

who makes the best stock ride lift kit (one that wont effect ride that much)

shawn

Unread 06-06-2004, 03:34 AM   #2
Colorado 5.9
1998 ZJ 

A 2" budget boost will handle 31's & will not change the ride. All it really is, is putting spacers on top of the springs. If you go to 3.5". You will be changing out springs, shocks, lower control arms & a few other things. It will change your ride.

Having a 96 you probably have a CV style front driveshaft. If so, & you wheel it alot. Then the CV will go by-by. It should be changed to a u-jointed front/double cardan rear front driveshaft. Droping the t-case on a GC is not recommended. Power will not change that much with 31's. Adding an after market Air filter setup will bring back what power is lost. Regearing is done with 33's or higher mostly.

Here's a good link what is needed for the amount of lift you would want. Also a GREAT guy to buy from. The graf is tward the bottom. http://www.kevinsjeepparts.com/zj/zjlifts.html
ZJ 98 5.9 LTD. Lots of mods. 7" T&T's Long Arm Lift ,BFG KM2"s,35X12.50x16's,4:56's, Vanco brake upgrade, M1intake,Holley52mmTB,MikeLeach Headers,, Arb'ed HP D30,Aussie Locked rear,Procomp MX6 Shocks,Arb front,RearTR bumpers,ECT.ECT.

Latest Pics
Colorado 5.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2004, 10:51 AM   #3
bigjeep39
2004 WJ 

thanks for the reply, i really appreciate the help. that website is also really helpful. thanks again!

shawn
Unread 06-06-2004, 11:14 AM   #4
bigjeep39
2004 WJ 

so it looks like i will probably just go with a bb..and 31" tires.. retain stock ride, but put on some nice shocks. And if i choose to go bigger in the future i can. I appreciate the help.

i just dont want to do any body modifications to put 31's on this jeep, so i wanted ample clearance. i just want something aggresive looking.

thank you,
shawn

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.